PDA

View Full Version : HELP

shelly04
30-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I need loads of help here, been registered since Feb and just had my first mindees for two weeks now, a 9 year girl old before and after school mon-fri,a 7 l year old girl tue and thu after school, 2 year boy full time and my own two who are girls 1 and 7. I want to start setting out an activities planner for the week 3 days activities and 2 days free play. The problem is
the nine year old she gets bored really easy and I feel I am constantly trying to please her, we do painting, hama beads, making jewelry etc but once she has done one thats it don't want to do it again, does any one have any ideas as I am at my wits end with her. I also feel I am running between the big one and little ones trying to keep them amused. Also snacks after shool I usally do fruit and yogurt and they are getting bored of this two. I really need help can anyone supply me mith activities and snack planners to help me.

Sorry to go on.

Shelly

Chatterbox Childcare
30-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Have you sat down with the 9 year old and discussed her interests.

Sometimes at this age they do not like being "dumped" and play up regardless of what you do.

Maybe look at crafts like Hama Beads or toys like Polly Pocket or ask her to be your assistant and help with the little ones. Girls like to be liked and needed.

shelly04
30-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi Debbie,

I have sat down with her on various occassions and discussed with her she is not bothered what we do. Also with regard to helping with the babies her mum moved her from the last childminders as she felt she was watching them more than the childminder was.

sarah707
31-08-2008, 06:21 AM
I regularly ask the older ones when they pipe up they are bored... what would you be doing at home?

If they want to go off to the quiet room and watch Tv for a while or play with something hand held and electronic for an hour, that's fine... if they would rather read a book in the garden or spend time with a magazine that's fine too... they are not used to having their time regimented by that age at home, so they will resent it if I tell them what to do here.

This is an excellent thread about snacks -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15053

Hope it inspires! :D