PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding procedure for eyfs

sarah707
30-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok, we've all read the bit in the Eyfs that says we do not need written policies and procedures... Well, this is from the latest Ofsted Registration information letter ...

'Childminders must keep and implement a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children, intended to safeguard the children being cared for from abuse or neglect.'

Please make sure your Safeguarding Procedure is up-to-date...

Make sure it contains the correct phone numbers for your Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), the police, Social Services and Ofsted...

Make sure you have an up-to-date copy of the booklet 'What to do if you are worried a child is being abused'...

Make sure you have a copy of the 'What to do if you are worried...' flow chart...

Make sure you are familiar with issues of child protection and procedures to safeguard children from abuse or neglect.

mummyroysof3
30-08-2008, 06:35 PM
this is one i still seem to be strugling with and know matter how many i seem to read i just cant get my head round what im suposed to do x

ajs
30-08-2008, 06:41 PM
this is one my hubby and i were arguing about last night
do you need to show that even if there are no safeguarding issues with the children that you still are monitoring that the children don't need a safeguarding policy implemented
sorry if i am not making my self clear
hubby reckons that you must show that you are still monitoring the children regardless of whether you implement the policy or not

any ideas

Spangles
30-08-2008, 06:49 PM
You're on a roll! Ha ha!

I've actually typed that flow chart onto my policy at the bottom - I think I was a bit bored that day! Ha ha!

sarah707
30-08-2008, 07:03 PM
this is one my hubby and i were arguing about last night
do you need to show that even if there are no safeguarding issues with the children that you still are monitoring that the children don't need a safeguarding policy implemented
sorry if i am not making my self clear
hubby reckons that you must show that you are still monitoring the children regardless of whether you implement the policy or not

any ideas

If you are putting in place all 16 principles of the Eyfs, then you are checking their development, ensuring they are safe, looking after their health and wellbeing, working with parents and others, ensuring their environment is safe etc etc...

By having all that in place, I think you are effectively monitoring the children's wellbeing :D

ajs
30-08-2008, 07:33 PM
thanks as always you put it so much better then i ever could

my arguement to him was that i couldn't show every policy was being implemented if there were no issues
ie i have a lost child policy that i have never had to implement but it doesn't mean i don't have it
his arguement is that (which i do understand but don't we all have enough to do) if my mindees are not being abused then i should be monitoring that i am still watching that they are not

sarah707
30-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I think you're both right :D :p