PDA

View Full Version : holiday care only

tomy12
11-01-2008, 09:46 AM
hi all in september i will lose a girl as she starts school.
but mum has said she will still require me for both her girls in school holidays.
how do i go about chraging for this as if i keep the place all term then they decide to change mind and not use me i will have kept place for nothing.
your oppionins please
thank you claire

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Claire

Sorry they will not be coming to you all the time but at least holidays are better than nothing

I can not really help here because I know some of the members here still get paid etc but I do not work like that so my advice would be no good to you

I have children that just come holidays and children that just come term time so I do not charge extra but just charge for the time that I have them it works out well for me

I would take a deposit or a months fees though to keep the place open - none refundable if they do not turn up but of course it comes off the minding that you do

I am sure someone else will give you some advice

Angel xx

sarah707
11-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm the same as Angel - all my mindees are part timers and some come term time while others come in the holidays...

It is a risk, but so far I've been ok... (shouldn't say that really should I?!?) :p

Blaze
11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
For school children as she is over 5 your not really loosing too much income just before & after school , so I would just ask for a deposit amout to secure holidays...make sure she is aware that it is non-refundable! Well that's what I do or if you prefer you can take the deposit of the final invoice when notice is given...but if this happens term-time then you may have to "find" the deposit, as no invoice to subtract the amount from!
Tasha:)

Tily Bud
11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Sounds like youve been given some good advice to me x

Trouble
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
or tell them if you have a space they can have it that or a retainer

LittleAcorns
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
A girl I look after will go full time in Sept thus only needing holiday care, I have 3 children just term time so its starting to fit together that way, in your circumstance I would definately charge a non refundable deposit

deeb66
12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't usually charge anything for holding the place in the holidays...

But then I mainly look after under 5's so this wouldn't really affect my income in fact it would give me extra money in the holidays.

tomy12
25-01-2008, 10:58 AM
thank you all for your advice on this.
I think i am going to ammend contract so if they give notice during tremtime they will have to pay 4 weeks at the hloiday rate but i will not charge a retianer to keep place open for them.
thank you claire

Banana
25-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Sounds good to me

x

Angela234
25-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't charge to hold a place for over 5s i have a lot of term time only children

Angela