PDA

View Full Version : PRE REG VISIT- DETAILS PLEEEEEZZ!!

tracyanne
29-08-2008, 06:39 PM
I am exhausted. I have had 5 weeks of holiday ( currently a teaching ssistant) and I feel like I need a holiday after I've been working at getting things ready (and moving)! Tearful, stressed out, tired and still soooo much to do.. who would have thought childminding would be this much work?! My Pre reg visist is on Monday.. can anyone please give me details of what their visit entailed. I am stressing out man!!!!!!!!! I don't know whether I'm Arthur or Marther anymore!!!:panic:

Bluebadger
29-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Not long had mine so I say this with experience, Don't Panic! They are here to help us, they will look around, double check paperwork etc. I did a risk assessment before hand to help me go over what needed doing and provide a plan for what still had to be done, as long as they can see that you are aware of what is required and have an action plan they are cool. They have to deal with us newbies all the time. Mine asked what I plans I had to implement the EYFS etc. I had a list of local toddler groups etc,
try
www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

they have loads of policies you can look at.

I am b/feeding a baby and trying to sort out a 7yr old for bed so forgive the lack of detail. Hope that was of some use at least.

BB

LOOPYLISA
29-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi right first things first....................... BREATH!, i had my pre reg 3 weeks ago i was soooo scared, nervous, i couldnt sleep, why was i so worried, she was lovely, she was dead on time, she got on her laptop and typed like ive never seen someone type before:laughing: !,she checked crbs and id, i showed her around he house she made notes as we went along we then sat down and we had a cuppa tea, she then went through the standards she asked questions and then helped me awnser them, all very relaxed she spoke to my dd she was lovely, please don.t worry, i promise you will be fine x:thumbsup:

She was also very pleased i hade some policies done x

tracyanne
29-08-2008, 07:12 PM
OK.. Thank-you so much you two for responding so quickly.. still tearful (but that's probably the wine now) ha-ha!! - a girl's gotta have a break sometime!:laughing:

tracyanne
29-08-2008, 07:16 PM
PS: took me a whole week to rewrite each Bromely policy! so I have a whole file of those now- that's been my biggets concern. I just worry about knowing them all (by heart now).. I suppose it will become standard practice.:)

singlewiththree
30-08-2008, 06:01 AM
How many policies have you got? I'm re-writing the Bromley policies at the moment and there just seem to be more and more that I decide I need. I have printed them yet but I think in my folder I have 20!

I'm at the stage where I start the ICP on Tues and I'm mixed with excitment. nerves and last minute cold feet :laughing:

Paula

mum22
30-08-2008, 06:54 AM
:thumbsup: Good advice given, I wanted to say good luck, it really isnt as bad as you think. Let us know how you got on.

mandysmonkeys
31-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I had my pre-reg visit just over 4 weeks ago and it was very positive, she was friendly and first look around the house, I was worried about a couple of areas like I only have a hand rail on one side of the stairs, - this was fine. My garden is fully enclosed but the gate is about 3 foot, with no lock, (has a latch thingy that my 2 yaer old can open) but there is an alleyway between my house and my neighbours with a locked 7 foot gate, I wasn't sure if I would need to replace the gate, as although there is no access to the street the small gate leads straight into my neighbours garden (she has no gate) She asked my a few question and I said I would supervise outdoor play at all times, but the children could open the gate in 2 seconds, i asked if I was to put a bolt in on the otherside would it be ok and she said that sounded like the best idea. So I have a heavey bolt on the other side which my 8 year can't open. :laughing:

After the tour around the house and garden, we sat at the table and she went through my policies, my national standards portfolio and service statment, she was very helpful and complementary about the work I had done, she advised me on my menu as I was having problems with it and she suggested that I write up a partnershp with parents policy and include safegaurding into the child protection policy.

After 2 1/2 hours it was all done and she said she was happy to register me and actually asked me how many children I wanted to be registered for, of course I said the full six and she said that was fine and said it would include my youngest 2, so I would be able to childmind 4 children 2 under 5's and 2 5 - 8's. I was quite suprised about this as I have an 8 year as well and not the biggest house and no special play room, though she registered the whole house and I do have a massive garden, we talked a lot about my outdoor play policy.

So in in all it was really good and I can't wait to start!! :clapping:

mummyroysof3
31-08-2008, 12:59 PM
hi, that sounds like a great pre reg inspection would it be really cheeky to ask if i could have a look at your safeguarding/child protection policy as im really strugling with mine still

charlotte x:)