PDA

View Full Version : NCMA accounts book

son77
29-08-2008, 06:08 PM
For those of you that use this book, do we have to get the parents to sign at the back to say they've paid?

I've not got mine to sign for ages and wonder wether I really need to bother?

lorraines little treasures
29-08-2008, 06:13 PM
i use ncma accounts book and i get the parent to sign because if you have a dispute about fees you have a recorded of the months their child has attended and they have agreed they paid you x amount that month,

mum22
29-08-2008, 06:57 PM
I dont do recipts for payment but do get them to sign this every month.

charleyfarley
29-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I always get them to sign this at the end of the month, proof of what they've paid

Carol xx

Rubybubbles
29-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I dont do recipts for payment but do get them to sign this every month.

in the ncma handbook and back of contract page 3 letter k under the childminder

will issus a recipt for all payments

if you use the ncma contracts you should be giving out a recipt

I also get them to sign the back of the accounts too

Mollymop
29-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Gosh I didn't even realise there was a bit at the back to sign!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I send an invoice by email each month and do not get the parents to sign anything.

However, if one was to pay cash I would issue a receipt.

chels55
30-08-2008, 06:53 AM
in the ncma handbook and back of contract page 3 letter k under the childminder

will issus a recipt for all payments

if you use the ncma contracts you should be giving out a recipt

I also get them to sign the back of the accounts too

Oh i didn't read this, i use NCMA accounts book but have never give reciepts out. I do get parents to sign back of accounts book though

mum22
30-08-2008, 06:56 AM
oops think i must get a receipt book......

Wendy Woo
30-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Gosh I didn't even realise there was a bit at the back to sign!

me either not got that far yet!!!!!!!!! my life would be so much easier without accounts!!!!!!

Saz
22-09-2008, 05:11 AM
I am confused about something:-

My 1st parent (Part-time child) pays me monthly, pay day to pay day, so this month sept she has paid uptil and including week beginning 22/9. So do I then, on my NCMA accounts book, start october's accounts on week beginning 29/9? Or is that still September?

My 2nd parent (child only attends Wednesdays) also paid me the same way. But as that child won't attend until 1/10 on that week beg 29/9 should this also be start October?

Same on the attendance register really which month should I be working in? I really hope this makes sense, lol!

sarah707
22-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I am confused about something:-

My 1st parent (Part-time child) pays me monthly, pay day to pay day, so this month sept she has paid uptil and including week beginning 22/9. So do I then, on my NCMA accounts book, start october's accounts on week beginning 29/9? Or is that still September?

Sept starts on 1st Sept... is that what you mean?

Your accounts are yours, nothing to do with when the parents pay you...

My 2nd parent (child only attends Wednesdays) also paid me the same way. But as that child won't attend until 1/10 on that week beg 29/9 should this also be start October?

Same on the attendance register really which month should I be working in?

Exactly the same... you work on when things actually happen I really hope this makes sense, lol!

I hope I've answered your questions :D

Chatterbox Childcare
22-09-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't and never have, had parents sign my book and have taken the box off of my paperwork

I invoice each month and they pay direct into my bank or give me a cheque. Cash is receipted

Bushpig
22-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I send an invoice by email each month and do not get the parents to sign anything.

However, if one was to pay cash I would issue a receipt.

I do exactly the same as Debbie.

I email invoices, they sign the attendance register (so there's the proof they attended said hours), and my bank statement is proof of what they have paid.

Saz
24-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone.

I am now writing exact times to the minute. Putting v. brief details of absence whereever I can fit it (there are so many, lol).

Yes I send invoice which details contracted hours and as they do bank transfer I emailed receipt.

MissTinkerbell
29-09-2008, 01:47 PM
I send an invoice each month. They pay by bank transfer and when it enters my account I input it into the accounts book, get parents to sign and also issue a receipt to confirm I've received the payment. I like to cover all eventualities then I have proof of everything.