PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats

Tammy
28-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Sorry not sure if this is the right place to post. Sometimes when it's a general question I'm not sure where to put it?

Anyway. I wondered when you use car seats for your minded children do the parents provide them as you look after the children or do you have your own that you use.

My lady that I look after her son one a week alway puts it in my car each morning when she drops him off but I didn't know if I should expect the same of future parents.

Thanks

Sam
ps. filled out my first ever contract last night... oh what a lot of paperwork it was almost embarrassing asking her to sign so many documents and read so much information:blush:

Monkey1
28-08-2008, 06:06 AM
I have my own and leave the ones i need in there all the time....in total.....I have 8!!!!!

charleyfarley
28-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Parent in the past did offer to leave their car seat but I always use my own.

I have 6 at the moment but need to buy a new one ready for lo starting on Tuesday.

Carol xx

sarah707
28-08-2008, 06:40 AM
I use my own... but if the child's mum is a bit worried and wants me to use hers, then no problem :D

melanieabigail2004
28-08-2008, 07:44 AM
It's fine either way but if you rely on using the parents seat and they go without having put it in your car it can cause a problem.

Also I used to have a parent who basically chose when to leave the seat depending on the health of his child i.e if he had a runny nose he didn't want him outside. I informed him if he was too ill to go out he was too ill to come to me and then promptly went and bought my own car seat!:)

Mel

Alibali
28-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Not all car seats fit all cars safely, so it's safer to use your own and have them fitted to ensure they fit ok. I have 3 9 months - 4 years seats three boosters with backs ans two ordinary boosters! I spend alot of time changing them around too! But at least I know they're safe.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I have my own - I know where they have come from (new) and that they haven't been involved in any accidents.

I would be happy using mums if she insisted as long as it fitted in my car properly as they are all different.

ChocolateChip
31-08-2008, 01:02 PM
I use all my own, 3 0-4's, 2 boosters with removeable backs, 2 standard boosters.
As others have said at least I know they fit, are safe and that I have them when I need them.