PDA

View Full Version : using egg boxes

PaulaR
27-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Can anyone tell me if we can use egg boxes for craft activities?
I heard that we could if first we microwaved them but can't remember if that is true or if so for how long to microwave.
Does anyone else use egg boxes? They are such handy things. I do use them with my own children and personally don't see a problem but understand as childminders we have to be extra careful

Spangles
27-08-2008, 06:26 PM
You don't need to microwave them and yes you can use them, no problems.

sarah707
27-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Egg boxes and other nasties discussed here -

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/

Cazz
27-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks - I wasn't sure about egg boxes either!

You never cease to amaze me Sarah! How do you find all these websites? Just had a read through some of the subjects on there and it's really interesting - will go back and read it properly at a more sociable hour!

Carole x

Pauline
28-08-2008, 06:32 AM
I once posted a University Research paper into the use of egg boxes for craft activities, if I can find it I will repost it.

anyway, the gist of it was that egg boxes do not pose any risk of passing on salmonella.

Tatia
28-08-2008, 08:29 AM
And yet the school and the playgroup that I collect from will not use them or allow them as contributions.:rolleyes:

I still use them. Two toilet rolls glued together make a great pair of binoculars for our animal safaris and birdwatching!:laughing:

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 08:34 AM
I once posted a University Research paper into the use of egg boxes for craft activities, if I can find it I will repost it.

anyway, the gist of it was that egg boxes do not pose any risk of passing on salmonella.

I was looking for that Pauline - was it in the old forum ?

Angel xx

Pauline
29-08-2008, 06:38 AM
I was looking for that Pauline - was it in the old forum ?

Angel xx

Yes I think it was Angel, I've had a quick search but can't find it. :(

loobyloo168
05-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Egg boxes and other nasties discussed here -

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/

Thanx Sarah, i was gonna ask about toilet rolls as i want to make some fireworks with Chloe, the site answered my question x

PaulaR
06-10-2008, 11:27 AM
what kind of fireworks ar you making????

Polly2
06-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Great site sarah really interesting thanks :)