PDA

View Full Version : File for each child?

Tammy
26-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Do you have a file for each child? I was thinking you're going to have at least:

a contract
childs details form
any accident forms filled in
hols forms
any other forms that need signatures

etc etc.

so do you have a file per child with their personal information in? I was thinking I could file contracts in my NCMA folder under contracts etc but didnt' know if that was best or a file per child.

What do you do?

Thanks

Sam

Nicki L
26-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I have a plastic wallet per child. Just incase the parents want to see what i have about their child it is all in one place.

hth

claireLouise
26-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Hiya,

I have a folder for each child with contract and permissions form. I look after 2 children from the same family so have one folder with 2 sections for each child.

I also keep box files and keep evidence of activities for example drawings, paintinsgs and letter I receive from my mindees.

I hope this helps.

Claire

Spangles
26-08-2008, 12:54 PM
I also have a folder per child so all their details are together.

Some things are occasionally copied into other files but mainly everything is in their personal file.

sue m
26-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Me too. I have a brother and sister but thought I'd do everything for the individual child and then Ofsted can't tell me I should! Already done! :D

butterfly
26-08-2008, 03:04 PM
i have a lockable metal filing box which i keep everything in for the invidual children. they all have their own suspension file with everything in it including their observations and work

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I have one file for contracts and information sheets and files on the computer for each childs records

Debbie

Wiggly
26-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I have a folder for my mindee with contract, profile, permission forms, holiday forms, etc in.

Separately I have a records file in which I keep records of daily registers, fridge temp, fire drills, fire alarm tests etc.

Wiggly
x

ChocolateChip
27-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I keep a folder for each child (one of those flexible ones with the plastic strip that goes in the holes iyswim) which contains all their confidential records, contract, details, meds form acc/inc. forms, permission forms, questionnaires etc. I also keep a plastic popper wallet to keep any obs, work waiting to be stuck in, photos, etc. again one for each child, which will eventually go into their All About Me book, if I ever get my head round how I am going to do it- keep changing my mind! :panic:
They are all kept in a locked filebox, along with any daily diaries that stay at my house.

Paula J
27-08-2008, 08:47 PM
i have individual folders per family using different sections per child. OFSTED liked this as I pointed out that when I accessed a file for a family only there details were there so I could leave them with a file withut worrying about confidentiality. Paula:)

Andrea08
15-09-2008, 07:27 PM
me too
a plastic wallet for personal details, contracts, CRForm etc
then my dairy with loads of info
then ncma paperwork
then a file for each child's obs, work and plans
then my SEF FILE
a file with my policies and procedures
then planning file
then activity sheets file
then file to include my Ofsted and network coordinators reports
then my risk assessments fire evacuation reports and risk ass on outings
a file to include pull-outs from ncma
a file for learning and dev points of ref
a file of continuas provision posters /info
im sure i have 4gotton some...
and an extension to keep it all in ,,,, and they say EYFS isn't much more paperwork!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I have one file for each child for the EYFS.

I also have ONE file only with all contact details and contracts in for all children. it is handy to grab if I had an emergency. Behind each contract are all my permission sheets.

PaulaR
15-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I don't think it really matters how you file things, as long as you canm find the relevant pieces of paper when needed or when Ofsted ask. I don't know how I would survive with out those plastic wallets.