PDA

View Full Version : Complaints Forms

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi Everyone , I will apologise if I am repeating a question already asked, but Carolyn and I have been working hard over the weekend getting all our paperwork, Mindees All about Me book all up to date . We were going to sort through our standards,and put them under new headings but decided to leave that till 1st Sept:panic:
Sorry to waffle:blush: and back to the Question Is there a new Osted Complaints form yet ? As the one we have at present mentions standards on it, We have looked on Ofsted web site but cant see an updated one. Can anyone shed some light on this ?
Thanks June and Carolyn

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I haven't seen one. I just print off the complaints pages (about 4) and give that to the parent

Debbie

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Debbie where did you print it from ?

sarah707
25-08-2008, 09:09 PM
I spoke to Ofsted about this.

They said they have no intention of updating the complaints form at the moment :D

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 09:13 PM
:( Sarah that does not make sense when it mentions which standard does the complaint relate too ?????????????????:rolleyes:

sarah707
25-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Yup! I know :rolleyes: found it! Here's the email...

Dear Ms Neville,

Thank you for your email.

At present there is no plans to produce an updated document however you should display the 'Parents' poster which will give details of the contact numbers and address for the parents to raise a complaint with Ofsted.
Please be advised that the updated EYFS (Early years Foundation Stage) poster will not be available on our website until September.

The existing parent's poster is still available for download on our web site on:
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/portal/site/Internet/menuitem.eace3f09a603f6d9c3172a8a08c08a0c/?vgnextoid=ac051e7a681eb010VgnVCM2000003607640aRCR D

I hope you find this information of use. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Helen Aughton
Customer Services Advisor
Ofsted - National Business Unit
Tel: 08456 404040

Chimps Childminding
25-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks Sarah!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi Debbie where did you print it from ?

It is over 7 pages - have a look at:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/EYD/Files/Concernsaboutchildcareproviders.pdf

Debbie

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I should not be surprised really should I Sarah ?:rolleyes: Silly me what was I expecting ?:D Thanks for that Sarah

miffy
25-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh dear - I wonder if Ofsted forgot about this - it makes no sense to have a complaints form that relates to National Standards.

Think someone somewhere has made a boo-boo :laughing:

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 09:34 PM
:panic: :panic: Thanks Debbie

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 09:36 PM
That's my thoughts exactly Miffy :panic:

Cammie Doodle
25-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Printed it off Debbie, but it will be out of date on the 1st as it mentions the National Standards :rolleyes: well these will no longer be after that date . Ofsted have not really thought about these forms at all have they ?

Cammie Doodle
01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Here is what arrived in my box today
Dear June

We do not currently have a complaints form for providers to use under the EYFS. The version previously available on the website has been removed as the National Standards are no longer applicable as of today. However, you may be able to adapt the version you have to reflect the statutory requirements and use it to keep a log of concerns raise against the specific requirements.

We are currently in the process of updating the guidance on complaints procedure, which is due to be published in November 2008. If the form gets updated as part of this, we will publish this on our website.

I hope this information is useful.

Kind regards

nivi

Nivedita Misra
Children's Directorate: Business Development
Tel: 0207 421 5945
:rolleyes: Well Girls . Why does it not surprise me that today is EYFS day and it will be Nov before we MIGHT get an official complaints form :eek:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Well surprise surprise Ofsted have updated their complaints procedure and have published it on the website

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Care-and-local-services/Childcare/Complaints-and-enforcement/Forms-and-guidance-Complaints-Procedure/Concerns-and-complaints-about-childminders-and-day-care-providers

I have saved it and given it to parents - old and new

Hope that helps

Cammie Doodle
01-09-2008, 10:14 PM
:huh: What can I say