PDA

View Full Version : Hours?????

Jemima77
25-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Hiya,
I have had an enquiry about having a mindee from 8-3pm mon and tues and 8-5 on weds. I am wandering whether to charge a daily rate of £30 rather than by the hour of £3.50 as I will theroetically be loosing out on a full time position till 6pm that would be dificult to fill. Not sure what to do as dont want to overcharge / undercharge thanks xxxx

tulip0803
25-08-2008, 02:26 PM
When I minded before I always charged by the hour. I never did a daily charge. I never had anyone query it but that is how all the minders in the area charged.

I am going to charge by the hour again. Have you been able to find out any other local minders charges/fee structures? You do not want to lose money when you do not need to, but if it would secure the placement and you want it then you will have to make a decision. I minded for 4 years before and in all that time I only had one full time child ( Mon-Fri 8-5.30) all the other children were part-time but the hours slotted in nicely.

Mrs.L.C
25-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Iv always found that most parents do part time and sometimes its nice to have the odd days where you only have 1 child or even none so you can catch up on paper work. Will you be doing after school care? If so you will find this bumps up your income so charging an hourly rate might be best, otherwise you will just end up paying the extra in tax at the end of the year. If your not doing after school care then it might be worth doing a daily rate but phone a few childminders and nursery's to see what they charge per day to see if you are over charging or about the same

miffy
25-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd have a look on the FIS website and see what others in your area are charging - that way you can make sure your prices are competitive.

Good luck with the parents

Miffy xx

michaelsmum
25-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I charge by the hour too.
And yes, check your "competition's" charges!!
Leah

devoncm
25-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I cahrge by the hour, if i did have a child that is all day then they do get discount but having til 3 the chances are that you could get after school children which would make up the rest of hours

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I would charge the Wednesday by the day as you won't get anyone from 5-6pm and then an hourly rate for the Tuesday as you could still get an after school.

Debbie

LisaH
25-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I only charge by the hour. I wouldnt worry about not having mindee till 6pm. Other children will crop up that will be with you till 6, especially after schoolers as already mentioned.

I sometimes wish all my mindees left at 3!! Lol:)

Jemima77
26-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks girlies for the help..OMG there is so much to think about!!!!! xx

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I also charge by the hour

Dont hold out for a full timer - it could be the part timers that make your money up !

Just wanted to say good luck hope the parent gets back to you

Angel xx