PDA

View Full Version : Just made some soup

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi

how are the diets going ?

ive just made some more veg soup, i love doing this as its a good way of getting lots of different veg in you.

In my soup i put : sweet potato, cabbage, leeks, onions, celery, carrots, cabbage, 1 small potato, chicken stock ( made with oxo cube ), lots of seasoning and some tomato puree x

Sounds strange but it tasted lovely ;)

Cheryl x

ajs
10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
sounds delicious just don't stand upwind of anyone
homemade soup has a wicked effect on my family

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
It does on my husband too xx

angeldelight
10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I might do that Cheryl and take out the veg that I do not like

How long did you simmer it for and how many points is that ?

Angel xx

ajs
10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
i do this with lots of veg and tinned toms cook for as long as i can be bothered then puree it all down and use as a pasta sauce delicious

Spangles
10-01-2008, 03:27 PM
You are doing really well Cheryl! I wish I was like you with your cooking and healthy foods!

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Angel - I just chuck in any veg i like , to be honest i had never had celery or sweet potato before but you dont taste it much in the soup. I sometimes put a tin of chopped tomatoes in also, oh and i always blend it afterwards so i dont really know what im eating IYSWIM x

Simmered for about 20 mins. As far as points go it would only be the sweet potato and the potato you wouls have to count all the rest is free :clapping: so probably about 3 points per full pan . As im not counting points just cutting out the cr*p and fat im not too worried about that and i will probably get 5 bowlfuls from it x

Lorri - dont be fooled this is the new me since monday ;) before that i was eating what i wanted when i wanted and most of it was rubbish !
I just hope i can keep on track as usually when i slip boy do i slip !
That is why i am going to let myself have a small bar of chocolate on monday night after ive weighed in x

Also it is really helping that i am telling my fellow dieting buddies what i am eating so if i cheat i will feel really bad.

Cheryl x

oakie dokie
10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
yeh cheryl it will be like your keeping the truth from us so dont slip!:laughing:

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Hazel ive no intention of slipping at the moment xxx