PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE EYFS

lady boss
20-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi All,

Sorry have'nt been on here for a while as things have been extremely hectic.
I am having a massive stress at the moment & panicking sooo much!!:panic:
I was hoping your lovely selves could offer your guidence.:)
I have been registered since Feb 08 & just when i had finally got my head around all the paperwork, it has all started over again....AAAHHHH!
I had someone ring me from ofsted a month ago saying they were updating records,how many children do i mind etc & she said (what i thought i heard her say) Someone will be out to inspect you BEFORE September. Well i was on hols for 2 weeks in july so i was frantically making sure all was in order, and now i still have not had any call about inspection!!! Everyday i think the phone will ring yet nothing. Now i'm thinking OH NO maybe i misheard & she said someone will inspect in September!!! I have been so busy fretting over the inspection when i'm now thinking i should have been writing up all new policies and welcome pack as what i have been busy doing will be null & void in a week or so's time!!!!
I havent even got my head around the EYFS pack yet & feel like im going to fail!!!! I have been taking lots of pics & doing obs ect, really enjoying minding but so shattered in evenings that i keep opting to lay down & watch BB rather than look through my paperwork. Of course now this month has already flown & im thinking ofsted will call Sept when i have been too busy doing national standards and how i meet them etc.

So so sorry to babble but im having kittens here:panic:

Does anyone have any ideas as to when ofsted would be likely to call as i only registered in Feb? I read somewhere that people only just registered will be after or in Sept.

Could i phone Ofsted to ask if it will be before Sept?

Also do i have to re-write all my policies? Please i hope not!! I'm thinking i will just get away with tweaking them to match with welfare requirements?
I really am clueless here, and would be grateful to some words of advice.

Thank you so so much x x x:)

LOOPYLISA
20-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Sorry i can.t help you much, im totally confused myself, hope i read your thread right about bb?, wat you doing here its on NOW:laughing:

If your anything like me your multi tasking:D

sarah707
20-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't panic! :D

First thing to get to grips with are the Statutory Requirements... if you read them through they will give you a good idea of how your policies should read, then you can give them a tweak.

Sounds like you've got observations under control... just link them in with next steps.

Have a look at this thread for more ideas -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13475

Plan from observations and next steps ... does this make sense?

lady boss
20-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Ha...Yes i have it on in the background i admit. Thanks reply anyway loopy lisa.

Thank you Sarah..great advice as always. I am going to have a good read through guess i'l be up all night at this rate!! Ha.
xx

angeldelight
21-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Hope you have calmed down a little

You will be fine

Angel xxxx

mimo
21-08-2008, 07:59 AM
it wont let me on that link guess i have not got the right acsess :(

sarah707
21-08-2008, 08:02 AM
it wont let me on that link guess i have not got the right acsess :(

Sent a pm :D

lady boss
21-08-2008, 09:48 AM
it won't let me either? I am still stressing! Was up half night,will prob be on here tonight minded asleep now and my daughter want me to bounce on trampoline. Speak later x

sue m
21-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Nor me. I spent my day off yesterday doing paperwork and now my oh is making a garage from duplo bricks on the floor here whilst I am on the forum!!!!!!!:D