PDA

View Full Version : reflective practitioner

devoncm
20-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I need to explain about the benefits of being being a reflective practitioner and describe how it can be a positive influence on my setting, i havent exactly been given a word count dcma suggest around 400 and ive got less than 100, any ideas what i could look at without repeating myself?

MissTinkerbell
20-08-2008, 09:57 AM
When I did my teaching degree our 3rd year teaching practice assessment essay was on this and I used a book called 'Reflective Teaching in the Primary Years Classroom' by Pollard and Tann. I know that its teaching rather than childminding but the principles are the same.

sarah707
20-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Being reflective helps you to fill in your SEF! :laughing:

You could use up words by talking about a situation in which you found yourself when being reflective helped to improve your practice...

Maybe you were unsure how to fulfil one of the criteria of the eyfs, you researched for help in the internet, you involved parents, you read something from the library, you spoke with your development officer and you considered all your options... putting everything together you decided in your plan of campaign and the improvements you have made have had a positive impact on the children's learning and development because they are safer or healthier as a result.

Hope this helps :D

miffy
20-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I think it's a good idea of Sarah's to use a scenario - helps keep the focus and stop you repeating yourself

Good luck with it

Miffy xx

devoncm
21-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks for replies will see what i come with.

elaineg
23-08-2008, 11:49 AM
When I wrote about this I mentioned going on courses to keep up to date, regular risk assessments, parents questionaires,

love Elaine XX