PDA

View Full Version : Did I do right?

cherry
20-08-2008, 07:43 AM
As it's the school holidays I don't have 5 of my after school children.

That give's me a problem of getting payment. As you can imagine it comes to quite a bit of money.

I gave each parent their bill on the 24th July for the month of July (I work in arrears).

Having not received payment from anyone by the weekend I decided to send them another bill with a (nice) letter asking for payment asap (one of the mothers is an ex childminder)

The thing I feel bad about is that one of the mothers is a friend who I only really see now when she collects her child and last night I found an envelope pushed through the letter box with the outstanding cheque inside with "Many thanks" written on the front.

I feel that as she didn't knock on the door I've upset her.

What should I do?

mimo
20-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I have the same problem with a few of my after schoolers getting payment is a pain in the holidays.If i were you i would either ring or text the mum who payed you and say a nice thanks for the payment . Dont feel guilty though realisticly they should have paid you before now and without prompting they cant expext you to wait until they go back to school for the money your owed.

sarah707
20-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I get lots of cheques shoved through the door, esp in the holidays.

They are in a rush is all...

If you're not sure I'd give her a quick chatty phone call in a day or so xx

Chatterbox Childcare
20-08-2008, 08:40 AM
You did right but I would look at being paid in arrears as sometimes it doesn't work.

I do 12 equal payments by BACS or you could look at 11 payments (exclude Aug) but in advance and not arrears.

You potentially could lose a months money.

Debbie

Alibali
20-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Maybe she did knock and you never heard, or was in a real rush to get somewhere. My guess is that she was embarrased that she had forgotten to pay and feels worse than you do. I'd text a thanx for payment, must meet soon for a chat cos I haven't seen you in ages.
Hope all is well

miffy
20-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Just phone her quickly to say thank you

I think you're probably reading too much into it but you know the person and I don't - I often have parents push cheques through the letter box

Miffy xx

Wiggly
20-08-2008, 10:49 AM
I agree - a quick phone call should put your mind at rest.

Wiggly
x

cherry
20-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice. I tried to ring her but there was no reply so I've texted her instead thanking her for the cheque.

Mrs M
20-08-2008, 05:19 PM
It's quite difficult working for friends. One of my parents is a good friend of mine and I feel a little odd when I'm writing her letters and asking her to complete questionnaires etc. We now have more of a business relationship than a friendship. She collected her son this evening and we discussed his day and his fear of dogs etc and how to overcome it but neither of us actually asked how each other was.
Hope you're ok and your friend replied to your text.

miffy
20-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. I tried to ring her but there was no reply so I've texted her instead thanking her for the cheque.

Hope you feel better about it now Cherry

Miffy xx

cherry
20-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Haven't heard from her but thanks to everyone for your advice.

I don't know what I'd do without this forum.

I know I don't put a lot of imput but it's just nice to know you're always there. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
21-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Glad you sent her a text if she does not want to reply its up to her

Dont worry about it

Just go and spend that money haha

Angel xx