PDA

View Full Version : Parent Questionnaire - Comments On Care Provided

muminamini
19-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi there

I've been minding now for 6 months and I feel the time has come to try and get some feedback from my parents which I can use as "evidence" to Ofsted and help me improve my setting in the future.

I just wondered if anyone had any examples I could look at or ideas of what sort of questions I should be asking. I don't want it to be too long winded but I don't want to miss anything vital either.

Was planning on asking the following:

How effective am I in helping your child to be healthy? (e,g food and drink, activities, outdoor play, personal hygiene)

How effective am I in protecting your child from harm? (e.g fire safety, prevention of accidents, road safety etc)

How effective am I in helping your child enjoy what they do and to achieve as well as they can? (e.g providing activities that your child is interested in, individual play, group play,)

Do you feel I give your child the opportunity to make a contribution to the childcare setting and experience the wider community? (e.g mixing with children of other age groups, recognising other peoples feelings, experiences at toddler groups, parks, shops, play centres)

How effective do you think I am in providing childcare?

Do you have any general comments regarding the care your child receives or any areas you believe I could improve upon?

I am going to ask them to grade me from 1 to 4 in each area with 1 being Outstanding and 4 being inadequate...

I just don't know if it's a bit too long or if I've missed anything really vital.

Please help before I drown under the papers on my kitchen table:D
xxxx

LOOPYLISA
19-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi sounds good to me x:thumbsup:

miffy
19-08-2008, 08:20 PM
There are some examples on the bromley site - www.bromleycma.org.uk

What you've done sounds fine - don't think I'd be asking parents to grade me though. I might ask if there are any areas they feel I could improve on

Miffy xx

muminamini
19-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Thank you for your help!
x:thumbsup:

sarah707
19-08-2008, 08:53 PM
That sounds great!

I wouldn't ask for a grade ... might make them feel uncomfortable.

Let us know your replies! :D

Rasharoon
19-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi

I had the parents of my mindees do this and having just had my Ofsted Inspection at the beginning of the month, the Inspector liked what she read. I got the forms off of a website called Tina's Trio and I've attached the link below.

Good luck.

http://www.kidpremiership.com/tinas/pdf/Parents%20questionnaire.pdf

PaulaR
19-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Can we simply copy that form from Tina's Trio's keeping all the headings or do we have to re write it like we do from the Bromley site??
I've never asked my parents to do anyhtng like this. I do feel a little uncomfortable asking them

angeldelight
20-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Sounds great already

Good luck

Angel xx

sue m
20-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I've just printed that copy off from Tina's Trio too, is it ok or do we have to re-write it like Paula asked? I always worry about pinching things and it being obvious it's not my work :) I put the questionnaires in the children's bag a few weeks ago and it's not been mentioned since so I'm going to have to ask them. They were ones I 'made up' myself but the Tina's Trio ones are better.

Rasharoon
20-08-2008, 06:28 PM
When I used the Tina's Trio form, I have to admit to not changing one thing. Blatantly left it in all it's orginal glory and the Inspector never mentioned anything about it except how impressed she was with the comments.

netty
20-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Sounds good. I personaly I would not ask them to grade me. I would ask if there are any areas they feel I could improve in.

Netty xxx