PDA

View Full Version : CRB....how long?

Sarpix
19-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello again,

For those of you who have recieved your registration certificates could you please tell me how long your CRB checks took?

I am on week 7 and have been checking the online tracking EVERY day.

Also when it finally does say that level 4 (which is where its been for the last 5 weeks) is complete, how long does your certificate take to arrive?

Its so frustrating because mines in date it just my fiances I'm waiting for!!! I'm more impatient as out of wok at the moment!!! :panic: :panic:

Thanks again ladies

Sarah x

LOOPYLISA
19-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi sorry not much help here but im waiting for mine, wats on line tracking, and how can i do it:thumbsup: ?

FizzysFriends
19-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Well mine has been at stage 4 for 9 weeks today, they have made it a priority but they still wont tell me which police force it is with (was going to chase them direct).

Sarpix
19-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi loopy Lisa,

If you phone the CRB they will give you a reference number. You then go on to wwwcrb.gov.uk/tracking and go into the online tracking.It will ask you for your reference number and date of birth and will tell you what level it is at...good luck... it takes forever. :angry: :angry:

Sarah x

balloon
19-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Mine took 2 weeks from the day the inspector took it to the day I got it back.

I have had Ofsted enhanced CRBs previously though so not sure if that had any relevance to the speed in which it was done.

tulip0803
19-08-2008, 05:02 PM
total time of ours varied Mine was 12 weeks until it was back, DH 8 weeks and DS 3 weeks!!!!!!!! DH and me both have them for our current jobs and it was DS first so I have no idea how they can take such different lengths of time!

LOOPYLISA
19-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi loopy Lisa,

If you phone the CRB they will give you a reference number. You then go on to wwwcrb.gov.uk/tracking and go into the online tracking.It will ask you for your reference number and date of birth and will tell you what level it is at...good luck... it takes forever. :angry: :angry:

Sarah x

Thankyou i will give it a go tomorrow, it wasnt that long ago they went off but im going to have a peak anyway!:D

angeldelight
19-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Hope you dont wait much longer Sarah

Angel xx

Ebs71
20-08-2008, 05:27 PM
My partners was 9 weeks and mine is 11 week and still waiting :mad:

murphy61
20-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi

my oh took a totally of 10 weeks from start to finish, once it was at stage 5 it was only a week at most before it was withme.

Saz
20-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Sorry but my hubbys took just over 17weeks from receipt at CRB office to us receiving the CRB in the post. Stage 4 is the longest stage as this is when the check is out with the local police forces and it depends on what backlog they have.

There are lots of threads on here about this but the best thing I found was to find out which police force your CRB has been sent to then ring them direct and chase the police yourself.

Stage 5 for my hubby was completed within a week. As this is just really them collating the information, then printing and posting your CRB.

Fingers crossed it won't be much longer...

Sarpix
21-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Thank you all so much for your replies...Saz thats ages!!! I bet you were getting frustrated. I am and its only been 7 weeks!!!! :panic: