PDA

View Full Version : contract worry

ziggy
18-08-2008, 08:24 PM
sorry to whittle on again..............

just about to fill in contracts with 2 families ready for september, have decided to charge half fees for mindees holidays (4 weeks notice required)..........wondering if I should limit this to say 20 days a year, as my holidays will be free as will bank holidays.

Oh this is sooooooooooo difficult, not as strong as i should be and know parents will try to bully me.

Sandra
xx

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 08:26 PM
i do - they have 20 days and i have 20 days then the bank holidays, that is enough holiday for anybody!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 08:32 PM
If you put 20 days on there you are allowing them to take 4 weeks at half pay and then you could take 4 weeks unpaid. That is 2 months - how will you survive?

Could I suggest that you come to an arrangement that you have nil fees if you are on holidays but full pay when they go away. Then if you both arrange your holidays at the same time you go 1/2 and 1/2

Sorry to but in but you are leaving yourself open to a potential earnings of just 10 months in the year.

Debbie

sue m
18-08-2008, 08:34 PM
That's what I've always done Debbie, I think it's a good idea.

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 08:35 PM
i have never though of it that way, thanks - that gives me something to think about next time x

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 09:14 PM
If you put 20 days on there you are allowing them to take 4 weeks at half pay and then you could take 4 weeks unpaid. That is 2 months - how will you survive?

Could I suggest that you come to an arrangement that you have nil fees if you are on holidays but full pay when they go away. Then if you both arrange your holidays at the same time you go 1/2 and 1/2

Sorry to but in but you are leaving yourself open to a potential earnings of just 10 months in the year.

Debbie

I agree with this... my parents (knowing they pay their full fees when on their holiday) make their holidays the same as mine if they can - makes sense.

miffy
18-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Debbie

Excellent idea!

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
18-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I USED TO DO half and half but found I wasn't having as many weeks as parents so was losing out.

Now I get paid full pay for their time off and nothing for mine, it suits me better this way.

Good luck with what you decide

Carol xx

chels55
19-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Yes full pay for parents hols, then they can have as many as they like without it affecting me! I don't charge for my hols but state i will have up to 4 weeks