PDA

View Full Version : people calling to sell me advertising!!

Ebs71
18-08-2008, 03:05 PM
:angry: Already ive got them calling pestering to sell me this space and that space. Just had some bloke from 'google' wanting £495 to put me on front pages of google. Was going on about how much buisness he can get me. He was under the impression that i had been in buisness for a few years. When i told i hadnt got a web site yet and i was only just taking off and was taking children from September he didnt get it and asked if these children will live with me??:doh: do i only have a child for an hour then have another for an hour??? :doh: He obviously didnt get what a childminder does. He got quite pee'd of with me when i said i was limited to the amount of children i could have he was still blabbing about how he could get me more.... what a div!!
He couldnt understand why i cant have more children

In the end he put the phone down on me

deactive
18-08-2008, 03:35 PM
:laughing: thats well funny that he ended up hanging up on YOU !! even if rude on his part ! hate cold callers :angry: and wont answer with held numbers for that reason , i havnt started yet so havnt had to deal with advertising and these annoying people
just thought id wish you good luck x x

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 04:21 PM
:angry: Already ive got them calling pestering to sell me this space and that space. Just had some bloke from 'google' wanting £495 to put me on front pages of google. Was going on about how much buisness he can get me. He was under the impression that i had been in buisness for a few years. When i told i hadnt got a web site yet and i was only just taking off and was taking children from September he didnt get it and asked if these children will live with me??:doh: do i only have a child for an hour then have another for an hour??? :doh: He obviously didnt get what a childminder does. He got quite pee'd of with me when i said i was limited to the amount of children i could have he was still blabbing about how he could get me more.... what a div!!
He couldnt understand why i cant have more children

In the end he put the phone down on me

I had this with a yell.com man... he was very aggressive and didn't understand that I was FULL>.. plus didn't need to advertise. CIS and word of mouth is my advertising!