PDA

View Full Version : What do i include?

kellsni
16-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi,
I am just about to get my certificate next week and new to this site.
I just wanted some information on fees as I got someone to come and look on Monday.
I am going to charge £3.50ph I have said that it includes all food and that she could bring her own if she preferred, if she decided to bring her own food would i reduce my hourly rate for her?

Also i was thinking if i am ill or on holiday then they don't pay me and if they are ill they don't have to pay but if they go on holiday they have to pay is that ok or should i charge half rate when they are ill?

Also if i choose to work bank holiday, do i charge if they don't come as i am still available, do you charge same rate of double rate for bank holidays?

Also when i go to sofplay groups do I ask for more?

Sorry bout all the questions:blush:

Thanks Kelly x

tulip0803
16-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi,
I just wanted some information on fees as I got someone to come and look on Monday.
I am going to charge £3.50ph I have said that it includes all food and that she could bring her own if she preferred, if she decided to bring her own food would i reduce my hourly rate for her?

I never reduced fees if they did not want the food I offer

Also i was thinking if i am ill or on holiday then they don't pay me and if they are ill they don't have to pay but if they go on holiday they have to pay is that ok or should i charge half rate when they are ill?

I charge full fee for all days that they should be with me whether they attend or not. I do not charge for my time off although other minders do

Also if i choose to work bank holiday, do i charge if they don't come as i am still available, do you charge same rate of double rate for bank holidays?

I am available to work bank holidays. If the parents choose not to come I still charge the normal daily rate, if they do use the place I charge a higher Bank Holiday rate.

Depends on the cost. I used to cover the soft play area where I used to live but it was only £1 per child (attatched to a restaurant). I have put in my policies that some trips may incur and extra fee payable by the parents

Thanks Kelly x

Don't worry about the questions -I minded before and was introduced to it by a childminding friend so I always asked her questions. Ask as many as you need too

It is your business and you can choose the rules for your business

Nicki L
16-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I charge £3.50 ph food not included, i ask parents to supply as with children not all eating the same it is a nightmare.

I dont charge if i am ill or on holiday, i charge half fee if mindee is ill or on holiday

I dont work bank holidays -sorry

I charge as our soft play area is £4 per child

Thanks Kelly x

Dont be embarrassed to ask - i ask loads!!!

Nicki
xxxx

kellsni
16-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks a lot that has helped me.