PDA

View Full Version : ending contract template

Lisa's Little Angels
16-08-2008, 09:44 AM
can anyone help me out i've never had the use for it before but I am going to end the contract of 1 of my mindees in a couple of months and i heard that we legally have to give the patents notice in writing so was wondering if any of u ladies have such a thing as a termination of contract letter template u would b willing to give me. really not looking forward to doing the termination itself because have become friendly with mindees mum but it has to be done. hopefully there'll b no hard feelings
thank u in advance lisa x :-)

PaulaR
17-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I've never done anything formal when they leave. I didn't realise we had to.

sarah707
17-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Hope this helps! :D

Contract Termination

Family details

I confirm that the last day of Childminding for...

With xxyour namexx is...

Please remember that if you claim the Childcare element of Tax Credits, it is your responsibility (and not mine) to contact the Tax Credits Helpline on 0845 300 3900 and inform them that our contract has ended.

Thank you for allowing me to share your child’s care – I wish you all the best for the future and hope to see you again soon!

Signature of Childminder
Date as above

Signature of parent
Date as above

Lisa's Little Angels
19-08-2008, 10:00 PM
thank u so much that is a big help i didnt know where to start since i have never had to use it before wish me luck I am going to give the mindees parents 2 months notice and offer to help find alternative care so hopefully it ends on good terms i cant do much more than that x

angeldelight
20-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Good luck hope it goes ok for you

Never easy but you always feel better after you have done it

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Lisa's Little Angels
20-08-2008, 07:19 AM
thanx angel i will do x

miffy
20-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Good luck with this

Miffy xx

NikNak
20-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I'v got to do the same thing soon and am dreading it. I have done it once before and it was so awkward even though everyone was civil! You just feel so guilty and loke a let down! I'm rubbish at being business like. I wrote something along these lines...............

My address

date

Dear....................

Please accept this as a formal notice of my resignation from the position of childminder to............ with effect from........... In accordance with our contract of employment I am happy to continue to work ......weeks notice until............

I am sorry to leave you, and I thank you for your support and friendship during my time as.........childminder which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling etc etc......

Yours sincerely

You could always give her the formal resignation and make it more lighthearted by joking about the letter. (thats what I would do)! At least then you know you have been professional and you all know where you stand.

Hope this helps.x

mimo
20-08-2008, 07:58 AM
g\ood luck with ending the contact I am sure it wil be fine and not be as bad as you are expecting. Let us know how it goes

katickles
20-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Hope you got your letter written - good luck :)

angeldelight
21-08-2008, 07:52 AM
How did it go with the parent ?

Angel xxx

tomthumb
22-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Glad I found the post as I didn't know what to do when they want to end the contract. Crazy mum has given me letter of notice! :laughing:
I hope you don't mind Sarah but I have borrowed some of your form to make my contract termination letter.
Thanks

Elodie X

Lisa's Little Angels
24-08-2008, 05:36 PM
wrote letter but not actually giving it until sept will let use know how it goes not dreading it so much now its written its worded in a nice way (i think anyway)

miffy
24-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Glad you've got it sorted - hope it will be OK

Good luck

Miffy xx

Lisa's Little Angels
24-08-2008, 06:05 PM
on a totally different topic does any1 know how i become a basic or full member as im still sitting as a newbie :-( does it benefit me becoming a full member? answers on a poscard girlies x

sarah707
24-08-2008, 06:13 PM
on a totally different topic does any1 know how i become a basic or full member as im still sitting as a newbie :-( does it benefit me becoming a full member? answers on a poscard girlies x

Answers here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7129

:D

Lisa's Little Angels
25-08-2008, 05:15 PM
thanx will check it out x

Lisa's Little Angels
26-08-2008, 10:39 AM
couldnt rem how to start a new thread:panic: does anyone have a child attending nursery policy whereby it states that because we the childminder is resp for dropping off and collecting child and that a 2 1/2 hour place would be impossible to fill therefore full day fees still chargeable??
anyhelp with this 1 would b much appreciated hunted around forum for an hour there and couldnt find anything on it
than girls
love lisa x :(

mertonparker
27-08-2008, 07:56 PM
couldnt rem how to start a new thread:panic: does anyone have a child attending nursery policy whereby it states that because we the childminder is resp for dropping off and collecting child and that a 2 1/2 hour place would be impossible to fill therefore full day fees still chargeable??
anyhelp with this 1 would b much appreciated hunted around forum for an hour there and couldnt find anything on it
than girls
love lisa x :(

Hello :)
Are you a member of the NCMA ? if so there's a page in the handbook that explains about this (think its page 13) and states that childminders should get full pay. I photocopied it and gave to parent when explaining why i wasnt dropping my fees once mindee started to receive the free sessions at nursery plus I was taking and collecting.
Good luck
mertonparker.x :D

Lisa's Little Angels
02-09-2008, 03:12 PM
thanx merton no unf not a member as in scotland :-( do u have it on ure pc cud u email me it if u do please that wud b much appreciated as i dont know where to start with wordin my own 1 thanks in advance lisa xx:panic:
lisatervit@hotmail.com

mertonparker
08-09-2008, 06:02 AM
thanx merton no unf not a member as in scotland :-( do u have it on ure pc cud u email me it if u do please that wud b much appreciated as i dont know where to start with wordin my own 1 thanks in advance lisa xx:panic:
lisatervit@hotmail.com

hi Lisa,
So sorry only just read your reply:blush:
If you still require it then please pm me and I'll send at some point today.

mertonparker.x

Lisa's Little Angels
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
hi girls just to give y'all an update i met sat mindees mum tues and she cudnt have been nicer about me ending the contract - what a weight off my mind now i can relax and enjoy last few weeks with mindee b4 he finishes up :-) x thanx for all your adivice re this your superstars! x :clapping:

angeldelight
13-09-2008, 12:37 AM
That is great news Lisa

Glad it all worked out for you in the end have a nice relaxing weekend now

Angel xxx