PDA

View Full Version : can any1 help

sian17
15-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I want to start childminding but have a mortgage and need to ensure i have a certain amount of money each month. Do parent have contract where if they dont bring there child for any reason they stil have to pay. unless given 24hr notice.

singlewiththree
15-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I am a single mum with a mortgage and 3 children.

You write a contract which the parents sign they have to pay as per the contract even if their child doesnt come.

Minstrel
15-08-2008, 06:32 PM
i would charge even with notice.

If the place is there and they dont use it they still pay ie sickness or hols.

Only i wouldnt charge is if i cannot provide care ie my sickness or hols

tulip0803
15-08-2008, 06:33 PM
As above. I charge for all days that a child is contracted for whether or not the child is there. The only time I do not charge is when I am unable to have them (my holiday/sickness/day off), but many cildminders put in their contracts that they get half or full fees for their own holidays too. It is your business and you can choose the terms that you want to run on.:)

sarah707
16-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Nobody can guarantee a child won't leave / you won't get ill / your business won't have to close etc.

The best thing to do is make sure you have some money somewhere you won't touch for the lean times.

Self employment can be a risky business when it's just you to pay the bills.

Good luck with your decision making! :D

nannan
16-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Nobody can guarantee a child won't leave / you won't get ill / your business won't have to close etc.

The best thing to do is make sure you have some money somewhere you won't touch for the lean times.

Self employment can be a risky business when it's just you to pay the bills.

Good luck with your decision making! :D

I agree with what Sarah has said, its a very good idea to have a certain amount of money put aside in case of difficult times where you are ill or no children in your area to childmind