PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q regarding nos.on reg certificate?

Janeyc
14-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Hello all!just a quick question prompted from an enquiry ive had,all other enquiries have been from 12mths + so this hasnt cropped up b4-Ive got ds1(8-so doesnt count)ds2 (almost 3) and ds3 (7mths) aswell as step ds(whos 14 so again doesnt count)and of course my angel DD.Now at pre reg ofsted lady said i coped really well (ha!obv.a good day:p )and as our house was larger than average shed register me for the max.My certificate says......"4 children under 8 with no more than 1 under 5 at any one time"...all fine but im sure usually theres a bit about under 1's?now because of my baby (7mths)this other enquiry is the same age-just for occasional care which suits as it fits around the 2 ive just signed contracts for,but can i take him?obv.id have 2(inc.my own) under 1-but it just states no more than 1 under 5 at any one time which it wouldnt be...??????I called Ofsted a few days ago to clarify and they werent sure!lol!said theyd call back-im still waiting :mad: so i explained situation to the family and they still want to come and look around(this afternoon)she needs care asap so ill have to badger ofsted again-but any thoughts?is it just a mistake and they mean no under 1's or can i have whatever age inder 5 so long as its just 1 at a time?or what?confused!thanks!jxxxxxxxxxxxx

katickles
14-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Ofsted will only register you for a child under 12 months if your own child is over 12 months.

If they registered you it would say on your certificate that you could have a child under 12 months

HTH x

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 01:10 PM
i agree.
if she reg'd you for the max numbers then that would be no more than 1 under 1 inc your own.
You havent got a variance to increase that so i think the answer is no

Janeyc
14-08-2008, 01:24 PM
yeah thats what i thought...just doesnt make it v.clear saying no more than 1 under 5 tho!I thought itd say no more than 1 BETWEEN 1 and 5 or something that makes sense1!ol!still im starting to realise that nothing is straightforward with ofsted:p jxxxxxxxxxx

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Its probably a standard setup on the certs with no room for manoever (sp). its terrible tho that its so confusing. we have each other to ask but imagine those who guess or worse think they know it all themselves!!:eek:

butterfly
14-08-2008, 02:13 PM
i'm the same as you and mine says 'may care for no more than four children between one and eight years and of these only one may be under five'

Janeyc
14-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Butterfly-see that wording makes sense-its what i thought mine said till i checked it,and it def.doesnt say anything about under 1 etc-i think youre all right tho but im going to chase them just to put my mind at rest!I will suggest that this lady goes to the nursery(which shes not keen on)and her mum but bare me in mind for Dec-when my lo will turn 1!In the meantime ill call ofsted-again!:rolleyes: jxxxxxxxxxxx

katickles
14-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Mine used to say that I could care for no more than 5 children. Of these no more than two can be under five years, but I have since applied for them to include a baby because my dd turned 1 & it now reads not more than one may be under one at any one time.

NAOMIM221
14-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I would see if Osted will give you a variance as I have a two year old and a ten month old and I have a woman who wants me to care for her 8 month old, I asked for a variance and they gave it to me. I just wrote to them exlaining that I have all the necessary equipment to take care both of them and explained how I would keep them safe when having to leave the room, and that my own son would be turning one in october.

Naomi