PDA

View Full Version : Payment of fees?

Sarpix
14-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Hello,

Me again!!

I had a lady come and see me this morning about having her daughter as from November. I am not yet registered so nothing is signed but she seemed very keen.

One of the questions she asked me was how will I do my payments? Will I work out the weekly wage multiply that by 52 to get the yearly payment then divide it by 12 to work out the monthly payment then charge the same each month, adjusting accordingly if I was to take holiday. Or would I just charge for how ever many weeks there are in that month? I told her that I hadn't thought about that and would look into it.

How do you guys do it?

Thanks again in advance for your answers.

Sarah x:)

Pipsqueak
14-08-2008, 10:10 AM
I charge per hour for whatever is required. I do have a minimum hours per week though.

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Up to you but i would do it on either week to week (mon-mon) or month to month (1st-1st) as you will need to change it depending on hols, sickness, Bank hols, overtime, late fees etc

HTH

Mrs M
14-08-2008, 11:47 AM
With my full time mindee we worked out what it would be per year and divided it by 12. We took into account mindee's hols which are half price. If I'm off sick or take a hol then I refund them. This way you get the same each month even if the child is on holiday. It works out great for me as one of the parents is a teacher. Therefore, through the summer hols I've been having him on more of a part time basis. Obviously I'm available to look after him but this week for example I only have him today. But I still have my income.
With one of my part timers, we worked out what it would be each week and they pay me a weekly fee. However, when she's on hol I only receive half of that amount.
HTH:D

Bushpig
14-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I have a daily charge... and charge monthly, as most months there is a variation of care days as all my kids are part-timers.

samgeordie
15-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I work it out over the year inc holidays then divide it by 12, so you get the same amount every month. I have 1 mindee who pays a min of 10hrs a week but usually uses more but i just invoice for the surplus hours at the end of the month. When I used a childminder she did the same method of payment, its good for the childminder as you know you will have a certain amount of money everymonth and its good for the parent as they know they have to budget for a certain amount each month. If I was off sick i would give a refund.

Mollymop
15-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I work hourly and to what ever the parents want. If they don't mind, i ask for it monthly and work it out on the invoice in weeks - such as week1 =£, wk2 = £, wk 3 =£, week 4=£, (sometimes week 5 if there is one) that gives em the total for the month.