PDA

View Full Version : Getting new members?

Maza
23-08-2023, 07:31 PM
What can we do to get new members to join the forum? Or to entice old members back?

Is there anywhere we can advertise? Would we be allowed to mention it on the FB page?

loocyloo
24-08-2023, 06:32 AM
Wish i knew.

I think people read, they just don't join in. Sometimes the 'read' count is really high!

I don't do Facebook. I have a childminder facebook page, but it's linked to DHs account. I think a lot of people migrated to Facebook and stayed there. I guess it's more instant. But i like that we can be fairly anonymous on here.

I do miss the forum being really busy, full of people I 'knew'. I even went to a couple of meet ups and met people in real life! One i became good friends with. She's moved away now and has retired from childminding.

I guess we just need to tell people about forum!

Maza
24-08-2023, 08:01 AM
I do both FB and the forum. This place has always had a different feel to FB - cosier and more wholesome, sorry FB. FB is 'edgier' and you don't often get the threads where people are just 'chatting' like we do on here.

SYLVIA
25-08-2023, 07:07 AM
Friends that I try to introduce to the forum seem to end up straight on FB. I don’t have FB

Pixie dust
26-08-2023, 12:44 PM
I don't like the majority of Facebooks groups, this place is so much more friendly, just as Maza described much more cosier. The only Facebook group is the Hygge childminder one which has a similar feel.