PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kits

loocyloo
28-07-2023, 05:32 PM
Do your first aid kits get much use?

I have just bought a refill pack for mine ( as cheaper than buying the individual bits that I need ) but mine is barely used, just pretty much all gone out of date!! Occasionally a plaster ( but that is more usually from the mini kits that live underneath the pushchairs/in my work bag ) I can't bear to think how many bandages etc I have owned over the years !!! I know we need one, but it is frustrating that things like a bandage go 'out of date' as basically the packaging fails and it can't be 'sterile' any more! I usually put all the 'out of date' bits in my own first aid kit, or my 'travel' kits but again ... how many bandages do you need? !!!!

Before now we've used the old ones for the dolls/teddies and I also gave a huge bag to the local brownies!

Do you add anything to the first aid kits? I usually add steristrips, and also some of those bigger plasters with the mesh type sticky bit. I also have a couple of vials of sterile water in a squirty thing! ... see I know all the technical medical terms! :laughing:

Pixie dust
28-07-2023, 07:18 PM
I have a drawer full of out of date bandages etc which we have used for role play.....at my recent first aid course the tutor said to put the out of date stuff in our private family first aid boxes as they would still be ok to use. I am happy to say that I have only ever used a few plasters and some sterile cleansing wipes (they are in my travel kit )

Surely they must be of use to someone, I don't like to throw things away that still have a use.