PDA

View Full Version : One parent at a time?

Maza
21-07-2023, 06:28 PM
When you have a vacancy and more than one family interested - how do you arrange visits?

Do you pick the most suitable/favourable and let them visit and wait and see if they want it, or do you let them all visit (obviously not at the same time, but maybe on the same day) knowing full well that you will have to turn some of them down and are potentially wasting their time?

I guess they visit more than one childminder knowing full well that they will turn some of them down, lol.

loocyloo
21-07-2023, 07:47 PM
If i have a space available/ coming up, then i arrange to see parents that are first on my waiting list for that day, or contact me ... but, i have some on my waiting list that only want a temporary space, and i would prioritise a full time child. Also, from talking to parents before hand, then i get an idea who might fit.

If i have several families interested in the same space, then I will see one family and tell them that I have others interested and that I need to know by X date. I tell the other families that I'm already seeing someone for that space, and I will get back to them by Y date to let them know space has gone, or to arrange to see them.

However, i don't have a hard and fast rule about what i do/ who i see/ how i choose! It's mainly down to instinct and initial contact. The majority of my children come by word of mouth and i find that works well. But it's a tricky thing!

Good luck x