PDA

View Full Version : Decluttering

Maza
19-05-2023, 06:32 PM
Have you ever regretted anything that you got rid of when you were decluttering?

I've got a trip to the charity shop coming up, and I'm wondering how ruthless I should be with my donations...

loocyloo
19-05-2023, 07:00 PM
I frequently find that something I want/am looking for ... is something I donated ... usually only a little while before hand !!

I tend to have a bag/box for charity shop donations sitting in the corner of my bedroom ... and it sits there until it is full; so I do have time to think about what is being got rid of! although occasionally I do just fill a box and drop it off ... I don't think I've donated anything, I've since regretted .. apart from perhaps books! I'm currently trying to reduce my collection of childrens books - but I'm finding it very hard, as there are some I barely ever read, but they cover a particular topic or theme so I'm loathe to get rid of them!:(

Maza
20-05-2023, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I have an overflowing bag of stuff in the spare room waiting to be taken to the charity shop. DH is forever telling me that I just shouldn't declutter as at least everything was out of sight in wardrobes and drawers. If the charity shops were open on Sundays I might drop them off more often, but our local ones aren't, and I'm always so busy on a Saturday.

Mouse
23-05-2023, 08:59 PM
I'm going through a big declutter at the moment. So far I haven't regretted getting rid of anything and I'm feeling a real sense of satisfaction every time I look in the shed and see less and less 'stuff'!

I went to a carboot sale a couple of weeks back and got rid of lots of toys. Anything left went to the charity shop. It was wonderful coming home with an empty car :clapping:

Mouse
23-05-2023, 09:01 PM
I frequently find that something I want/am looking for ... is something I donated ... usually only a little while before hand !!

I tend to have a bag/box for charity shop donations sitting in the corner of my bedroom ... and it sits there until it is full; so I do have time to think about what is being got rid of! although occasionally I do just fill a box and drop it off ... I don't think I've donated anything, I've since regretted .. apart from perhaps books! I'm currently trying to reduce my collection of children's books - but I'm finding it very hard, as there are some I barely ever read, but they cover a particular topic or theme so I'm loathe to get rid of them!:(

I really struggle to get rid of books. I went through them all a while back (I've got hundreds!) and only managed to get rid of 3 :ROFL1: