PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinations

Maza
14-05-2023, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know if nurseries take on toddlers/pre-schoolers who are unvaccinated(general childhood vaccinations)?

I'm pretty sure that they do take them regardless, but a couple of my parents, who are both GPs, were saying that the parents of an unvaccinated child (their friend) would struggle to find a nursery to take them on. Just curious...

loocyloo
15-05-2023, 07:21 AM
hmmmm.

I would take an unvaccinated child, IF the reason for being unvaccinated is medical/allergy etc. Otherwise, I really don't think it is fair on parents to rely on the 'herd immunity' to protect their child. A young unvaccinated child I am aware of, caught measles, and was VERY poorly, and the parents couldn't understand why their child had caught it and no one else had. They were not inclined to believe that that the other children were protected by their vaccination.

I suspect one local to me nursery would, but a couple of others, probably not. ( unless like me, it was a medical issue )

Mouse
15-05-2023, 03:06 PM
If you google 'nursery immunisation policy' you'll find lots of examples where nurseries say they won't discriminate against children who don't have their routine vaccinations.

I have had one unvaccinated child in my setting (due to medical reasons) but there were never any issues.