PDA

View Full Version : Meals/Cost/Energy

mumofone
02-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Do any of you provide hot meals and are you thinking twice about this now with increased energy bills?

SYLVIA
03-09-2022, 08:37 AM
I provide meals. Mine don’t go home till 6 so it would be late for them to eat at home. Not sure about changing at the monent

Pixie dust
03-09-2022, 12:53 PM
I provide a hot lunch and then a light tea, I have a few siblings of children who are at school so parents like that they all get a cooked lunch then they only need something light in the evening when they go home.
I plan a menu on a 3 week rota and I have put a little bit more thought in to what I am cooking due to the rising costs. I don't want to put my prices up but may have to but then was thinking about giving parents the option of paying extra for the lunch or they can bring their own packed lunch but I like that I am in control of what the children eat, they all get the same where packed lunches can throw up a few issues around healthy eating/ allergies etc.

Mouse
03-09-2022, 02:34 PM
I only provide a light lunch, so minimal cooking. I am having to rethink the food I buy though. I usually get deliveries from Ocado or shop at M&S but the prices have really gone up so I'm shopping round a bit.

I've put my prices up for new starters and have given current parents the option of paying the increase or providing their own food. Only 2 are providing food. The others would rather pay the extra and not have to bother with lunch boxes!