PDA

View Full Version : Accident on property

Mouse
26-04-2022, 08:30 PM
Do we need to, or would you, make a note anywhere if a parent had an accident on you property?

At pick up today an older sibling (who I don't look after) was running round on the driveway. As mum turned to leave, the child ran into her and tripped her up. She fell, landing quite heavily on the ground. She was OK but had a few scrapes on her knees and her shoulder hurt where she'd landed in it. The child was knocked over as well but was ok. The youngest child, the one I look after, wasn't involved. Mum drove home and I've messaged her this evening to check she's OK.

Obviously I'm used to completing accident forms for the children, but I wasn't sure if I should be doing anything when it's a parent who fell. Does anyone know?

Pixie dust
27-04-2022, 10:38 AM
I am not sure if we need to officially but I think personally I would make a note of what happened as it did happen on your property and the follow up you did, you could just make a note in your diary or pop it in the children's file just incase anything came of it later.

Dragonfly
28-04-2022, 06:09 PM
I don’t think we have to but if it was me I’d make a note of it date/ time/ what happened and put in childs file.