PDA

View Full Version : Self employment grants (Tax Return)

mumofone
09-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Did anyone claim the self employment grants and can you tell me when they were issued, trying to tally mine and cant recall what i received when, ARGH!

Dragonfly
10-01-2022, 01:04 PM
I did claim the first one as had the first 6/weeks off work,worked through the rest of the pandemic .cant actually tell you when I received it but had to include it on my tax return.sorry, no help really, someone will come along and help soon I guess.

chris goodyear
10-01-2022, 02:07 PM
I did claim the first one as had the first 6/weeks off work,worked through the rest of the pandemic .cant actually tell you when I received it but had to include it on my tax return.sorry, no help really, someone will come along and help soon I guess.

I've just done my return and the amount of grants you received is already on the form - they know!!

Mouse
10-01-2022, 02:48 PM
I can't remember the dates, but I'm sure if you log onto your HMRC account it should be there. Or check your bank statements for payments from HMRC.

Like Chris says, when I did my tax return, the ones I'd claimed were already on there.

Dragonfly
10-01-2022, 06:24 PM
They will know. Accountant does my tax return.

Dragonfly
10-01-2022, 06:27 PM
Do you all do a short tax return?

Pixie dust
10-01-2022, 06:35 PM
Do you all do a short tax return?

Yes I do, I do my own tax return.

mumofone
14-01-2022, 06:42 PM
I've just done my return and the amount of grants you received is already on the form - they know!!

Thanks Chris! So when i do it online it will just prompt me and tell me? Thank you XXX

mumofone
14-01-2022, 06:43 PM
They will know. Accountant does my tax return.

Oh you're lucky! I always wondered how much they charge you for doing it?

mumofone
14-01-2022, 06:44 PM
I can't remember the dates, but I'm sure if you log onto your HMRC account it should be there. Or check your bank statements for payments from HMRC.

Like Chris says, when I did my tax return, the ones I'd claimed were already on there.

Thanks Mouse. thats great if they are flagged to me when I do it.

mumofone
24-01-2022, 02:06 PM
It prompted me, great! Did anyone have to pay on account upfront for their next tax bill??

loocyloo
24-01-2022, 04:24 PM
It prompted me, great! Did anyone have to pay on account upfront for their next tax bill??

:( YEP!

I usually just about manage not to, but due to the grants, or ??? this year I needed to. I've put a reminder on my calendar to pay in July :thumbsup:, but i'm hoping that needing to pay will spur me into filing my accounts by then, and fingers crossed, not having to pay any extra! I always used to file my accounts in May/June, and have slipped to November now! oops!

Pixie dust
24-01-2022, 07:09 PM

Yes me too! I always get my accounts in early so I can avoid the July payment but it doesn't always work, the last 3 or 4 years I have ended up with virtually the same amount of income give or take a few £££s.

mumofone
29-01-2022, 01:29 PM
:( YEP!

I usually just about manage not to, but due to the grants, or ??? this year I needed to. I've put a reminder on my calendar to pay in July :thumbsup:, but i'm hoping that needing to pay will spur me into filing my accounts by then, and fingers crossed, not having to pay any extra! I always used to file my accounts in May/June, and have slipped to November now! oops!

Yep, the grants pushed me in to paying on account too! Yes me too, i'm hoping it forces me to be more organised with paying on time, i leave everything to the last minute if left to it!!