PDA

View Full Version : Inhalers

Maza
22-11-2021, 07:15 PM
Do any of you have mindees with inhalers - just as a precaution and not for every day use?

One of my mindees has one before he comes in the morning before coming to me and then last thing at night. He wasn't too well today and so it got me thinking about whether he should bring the inhaler here with him, just in case of emergencies. I asked mum at pick up time, and she agreed, but I don't know if I put her on the spot. Obviously I hope I don't ever have to give it to mindee, but was I wrong to suggest it?

Mouse
22-11-2021, 08:30 PM
I would ask mum if she could get a spare blue inhaler to leave at your house.

My grandson has recently been given the same inhalers. He has a brown one for morning and night, then the blue one for as and when needed (not very often). He’s got a brown & blue inhaler at his dad’s, the same at his mum’s and a blue one that’s left at school. It saves having to remember to carry them round from place to place.

loocyloo
22-11-2021, 09:44 PM
I have a mindee with a blue inhaler at mine. We give it to him whenever and as soon as he appears to be going down with a cold, and since doing so ( Jan 2020 ), he has avoided being hospitalised with various chest infections and the like. Before that he was usually in hospital every 6 weeks or so.

chris goodyear
23-11-2021, 09:31 AM
Yes definitely keep one at yours. My grandaughter suffers from Asthma and you never know when it might be needed and when it is it it could be needed immediately. Her dad also suffers and both of them have ended up in hospital when they had bad attacks. Not saying this to scare you but better safe than sorry.