PDA

View Full Version : CRB - How soon to send it

singlewiththree
14-08-2008, 06:27 AM
After reading the other CRB thread, is it worth me sending mine off before the ICP course? Is that allowed?

balloon
14-08-2008, 06:38 AM
When you send your registration application form in Ofsted will send you a CRB application form back. They told me to fill it in and give it to my Ofsted inspector to be countersigned. The Ofsted inspector then takes it back with her and they send it off.

I presume this is the same for everybody?

Mine took two weeks to be approved, so it doesn't always take months. (Sent mine off about 6 weeks ago).

Hope that helps put your mind at rest a bit. :)

Lxx

sarah707
14-08-2008, 06:47 AM
These things take time I'm afraid...

You learn to be patient in our job! :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2008, 06:49 AM
My understanding on this is that Ofsted will send you a form and it will be completed and sent off once the pre inspection is done as the Officer needs to verify your details.

Hope that helps

Debbie

melanieabigail2004
14-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Once you have submitted to application forms to Ofsted you get the CRB form and Health Declaration booklet back from Ofsted.

Its a bit random on timescales - some take ages to come back (4 months for me when I first became a childminder) and 2 weeks for others. It took 6 weeks recently for my husbands to come back. He already had a standard but it needed to be upgraded to an enhanced.

Mel

singlewiththree
15-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Had an email back from OFSTED saying that I have to get the paperwork from my local CIS and they wont send it out individually :panic:

caralynd
15-08-2008, 06:47 AM
We had to attend two briefing sessions before the CIS would give us the forms:(

Good luck with starting the process

balloon
15-08-2008, 06:49 AM
I was given all the registration forms at my pre-reg meetings / course.

Maybe all counties are a bit different on that, but it may be worth ringing up yours to find out? Sorry I cannot be more help.