PDA

View Full Version : Sand - losing battle!

Maza
10-11-2021, 12:27 PM
I'm sure this has come up many times before...

How do you keep sand contained? Mine love it and are generally good, but of course they are young toddlers and so more than I would like does get 'lost' every time we have it out. I have it on grass, so can't really sweep it up like I could if it was on the patio. I used to put a ground sheet down under the sand tray and it was brilliant because I could just tip it all back in the sand tray at the end of the day - but it became a tripping hazard.

I don't like them transporting sand all around the garden (although they do try) - there are pine cones etc for them to do that.

Do you let them use sand in the outdoor kitchen? I used to do when I had pre-schoolers, but my toddlers would get through too much sand doing that.

mumofone
10-11-2021, 04:14 PM
I'm sure this has come up many times before...

How do you keep sand contained? Mine love it and are generally good, but of course they are young toddlers and so more than I would like does get 'lost' every time we have it out. I have it on grass, so can't really sweep it up like I could if it was on the patio. I used to put a ground sheet down under the sand tray and it was brilliant because I could just tip it all back in the sand tray at the end of the day - but it became a tripping hazard.

I don't like them transporting sand all around the garden (although they do try) - there are pine cones etc for them to do that.

Do you let them use sand in the outdoor kitchen? I used to do when I had pre-schoolers, but my toddlers would get through too much sand doing that.

Mine gets chucked all over the ground and recently...at the windows...GRRR!!

loocyloo
10-11-2021, 05:10 PM
My sand is in a big tuff tray on a stand. As it gets low, I leave it low and don't rush to refill it!
However, with toddlers, it's a losing battle and they just don't 'get it' !!!

Pixie dust
10-11-2021, 06:42 PM
I have given up trying to contain my sand, it ends up everywhere. I have moved the sand tray to various parts of my garden to see what happens but he always ends up getting carried about. At the moment it is near the mud kitchen as my current little ones just love to make sand soup/pie/tea etc but like loocyloo I don't rush to fill it back up.

Dragonfly
11-11-2021, 08:05 AM
Always have mine on a patio area. And know I don’t encourage transporting it around the garden.