PDA

View Full Version : Bonfire/firework songs?

Maza
30-10-2021, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have any cute little firework/bonfire poems?

loocyloo
30-10-2021, 07:09 PM
I can't remember it exactly but there is one about 5 little fireworks standing in a row. And if one little firework decides its time to go ... 54321 whoosh ... something like that anyway!

There is also a poem that starts 'crackle spit' but I can't remember that either :laughing: I'm sure it will turn up on an Internet search.

X

Maza
31-10-2021, 09:03 AM
Oh yes, the 5 ittle fireworks one rings a bell! Thanks

Dragonfly
01-11-2021, 12:45 PM
Who’s doing Diwali?

loocyloo
01-11-2021, 03:15 PM
I've thought about it, and have in the past, but it really isn't relevant to the children I have here, and is so close to bonfire night, that it will get 'lost'.

I think i'll see who is actually here on thursday and what frame of mind they are in! I've made clay Diwa in the past, and coloured in mandela patterns.

Dragonfly
01-11-2021, 06:18 PM
I’m not doing really for the children but Ofsted expects us to do a certain amount, so I do Chinese new year and Diwali.Of course the children don’t understand but they enjoy crafts so Hay ho.

I’ve made so many pots in the past loocyloo after 25 years of minding. Another lot! Different children.

Maza
01-11-2021, 06:46 PM
My little lot wouldn't manage clay diwas yet, so today we decorated jam jars with pva glue and tissue paper squares. Tomorrow we'll add some sequins/jewels. We'll add a tea light and light them at lunch times and then they can take them home on Friday. They are really into candles at the moment, rather conveniently! I managed to get Peppa Pigs Diwali from the library - I was really unsure about it at first, whether the producers were just cashing in and if it was just too distasteful etc but they have really loved the book and made me read it several times today. They loved spotting the diwas in it. We watched Mr Tumble's Diwali and the children on there made chapatis. I love making chapatis with them because they are so easy - so we'll do that and have a lentil dal on that day and listen to some music.

Dragonfly
02-11-2021, 01:07 PM
I have peppa pigs Chinese New Year . The children really like it.

loocyloo
02-11-2021, 04:54 PM
I've got Peppa Pigs Halloween! The children love it! ... am feeling that maybe Peppa is cornering the market in 'events' :laughing: