PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh Covid!

Dragonfly
20-10-2021, 04:59 AM
Have a parent test positive for covid ! Gone through the whole pandemic with none getting it ( that I know of) and now whoops.

Obviously child has to stay away as in my policy.but they were here Monday . I’m testing everyday as I’m paranoid about getting it.

Should I let other parents know?

Is there anything I should be doing that I’m not ?

Got my booster in two weeks if I remain negative. I know we have to live with it buttttt I don’t want it in my house!!!!!!!

Oh, the mum works at a school by the way.good chance she got it there.

Pixie dust
20-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Oh Dragonfly I am keeping my fingers crossed that you keep well. I don't think there is anything else you need to do as it's a parent who has tested positive not a child. I don't think you need to say anything to the other parents apart from a gentle reminder about getting their child tested if they show any signs/symptons.

Mouse
20-10-2021, 08:46 AM
It's a nightmare, isn't it?

One of my parents tested positive a few weeks ago and, although they didn't test mindee, he was ill at the same time so we assumed he had it as well. I did tell the other parents because their children had been in contact with the mindee, who was probably positive.
I just advised them to look out for symptoms and said I would be strict about excluding anyone who showed the slightest sign of having it.

I your case, I would only tell the other parents if mindee develops symptoms.

Fingers crossed you avoid it Dragonfly :group hug:

Dragonfly
20-10-2021, 11:34 AM
Apparently everyone else in the house tested negative. Still, child has to stay away for 10 days.

Anyone had covid after having the two jabs?

Maza
20-10-2021, 11:40 AM
My brother had covid after two jabs. I don't think it's uncommon unfortunately. They do say that you get a milder case of covid if you have had the jabs.

loocyloo
20-10-2021, 01:08 PM
Fingers crossed everyone else stays well Dragonfly.

Mouse
20-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Anyone had covid after having the two jabs?

I know quite a few people who have had covid after having both their jabs. Some of them have felt grotty with it, but none were really ill.

Dragonfly
20-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Thank you loocyloo and everyone.

It’s only because we are testing twice a week this mum found out she was positive. Obviously if you’re not testing you could be walking around with it anyway.

I’m testing a lot more than twice a week lol