PDA

View Full Version : Any exceptions?

Maza
13-10-2021, 09:14 AM
Do you have any exceptions to your 48 hour exclusions for D and V?

I'm thinking for babies who suffer from reflux, so who would be sick often but not with a bug...

Or travel sickness?

If it is just a single vomit and the child is otherwise well, would you let them back before 48 hours (perhaps 24 hours instead)?

Pixie dust
13-10-2021, 09:52 AM
I think it does depend on each individual child and situation as a previous mindee had an intolerance to rice flour which is found in a lot of foods and her reaction would. be to be sick but was always fine the next day. Just to add even though everyone was super vigilant rice flour would appear listed on something it hadn't before.

loocyloo
13-10-2021, 12:11 PM
I have a couple who are travel sick.

We just mop them up and carry on! Usually have a towel tucked over them to protect them/carseat! Them if they are sick, whole lot is bundled up in a plastic bag in the boot! I carry big smelly antibacterial (floor!) wipes which i use to clean things down, and then, if we're out and leaving the car locked for a while, a spread a couple of wipes out and they dry, leaving the car smelling OK!

I used to have a pair of siblings who suffered from toddler diarrhoea... I didn't send them home, once it was identified as they were fine, just the way their bodies worked!

Dragonfly
13-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Never heard of any one having a intolerance to rice flour before.

Yes, if someone was sick just the once I would exclude for48 hours.

moggy
13-10-2021, 01:16 PM
I always apply a bit of common sense... I've had one vomit their lunch up after gagging on a bit of food (not full on choking, just struggling and ended up vomiting it all up). So I would not exclude after that.

Pixie dust
13-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Never heard of any one having a intolerance to rice flour before.

Yes, if someone was sick just the once I would exclude for48 hours.

Yes it is a strange one and I never knew it was in some many foods until I had to check everything ! It's one of those things that as a toddler they had an issue but now they are older they have grown out of it, I also have a child now that has just gone through allergy testing due to having a peanut allergy and they did have a problem with egg when they were originally tested 3 years ago but the last set of tests have come back the they can have egg now.

Dragonfly
13-10-2021, 07:02 PM
Yes,rice flour is in a lot of foods because of coeliacs.