PDA

View Full Version : Happy Weekend!

Pixie dust
18-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

This morning I met up with some friends for brunch, it was so nice as we hadn't seen each other for 3 years. We became friends after meeting on holiday and have stayed in touch. When they said they were coming up to a city near me we had to get together! By the time I left to come home the city centre was really busy.

This afternoon I had to take my parents for their flu jab.

Tonight I am looking forward to Strictly :clapping:

I don't have any plans for tomorrow will see what the weather is like. Today has been lovely and sunny.

Maza
18-09-2021, 06:49 PM
That sounds lovely Pixie dust! It's so lovely staying in touch with people you meet on holiday. I often wonder about lovely people we met but didn't keep in touch with.

My week and weekend has been a bit stressful. I think I mentioned that my mum's dementia has taken a bit of a turn for the worse, but to make it even worse, there seems to be a divide among her children/my siblings on how to progress from here. I'm trying to be a bit of a mediator.

Anyway, Strictly is about to start. I've just watched The Hitlist, which was a strictly special and was really good. Must dash - it's on!!!

SYLVIA
19-09-2021, 09:02 AM
I spent the day in the garden yesterday. Repotted a big plant at the front of the house. The weather is so lovely that I don’t want to waste the sunshine. Today is overcast and rain forecast for later. Going cinema this afternoon to see space jam. Enjoy your Sunday everyone

Mouse
19-09-2021, 04:41 PM
How can the weekend be nearly over?? Since I finished work on Thursday afternoon, it's been non-stop dashing around, although I couldn't actually tell you what I've achieved!

On Friday I went and got my flu jab. I've had a bit of a headache since and I've got a big red lump on my arm, but other than that, it's been OK. I'm glad I've had it done early. Now I just need to wait to be called for my covid booster jab and I should be ready for whatever the winter bugs throw at me :laughing:

DH has just made me a cup of coffee so I'm going to sit and enjoy that before I start to get everything set up for tomorrow. I want to print off some Autumn resources, although I don't know if I've got the energy to get the laminator out tonight.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
20-09-2021, 06:57 AM
Oh Maza sorry your mothers dementias taken a turn for the worst. Dementias a horrible thing, changes a person character completely.

Did everyone get the floods yesterday due to the heavy rain? It was awful. I’ve had 3 lights since yesterday tea time every time I switch the fuse box light switch the RCD trips. My electrician is away,but after a couple of ‘sorry can’t fit you in’ have an electrician coming later. Have 3 under 3’s should be interesting!.

Hope you all have a good day.

Ellisha
20-09-2021, 09:32 AM
We haven't really had any rain here. Just a few spots. Mostly we had nice weather at the weekend and it's beautiful today. Me and DD ran to the beach and home as we're getting ready for a 10k Race for Life in a couple of weeks. And then later on that day we went back to the beach for a dog walk.

Sorry about your Mum's dementia Maza and the sibling disagreements.

Hope your electricity is sorted soon Dragonfly!