PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a potty?

Maza
07-09-2021, 08:59 AM
My full timer is about to start potty training.

Does everyone use a potty, or does anyone go straight to the loo?

If you do go straight to the loo, do you need a toilet seat?

Dragonfly
07-09-2021, 12:06 PM
Maza I have one of those built in toddler seats so I put straight on to that. Do have a potty stored away somewhere.

moggy
07-09-2021, 12:50 PM
I have both, just depends on the child and what stage they are at. I always prefer the toilet, but some need a few days transition with potty here before they are ready for that. I also like them to be happy to use a potty for when we are out. I always have a toddler seat on loo when they are using it - it can be terrifying for them if they lose their grip and fall in, can really set them back. A seat also allows them to use their hands for loo roll more comfortably.

Mouse
07-09-2021, 04:18 PM
I've only got an upstairs toilet so start them off on a potty downstairs. Otherwise I'd be up and downstairs all day!

As soon as they're reliably using the potty, I move them on to the toilet. I've got a combined toilet seat with a built in toddler seat.

loocyloo
07-09-2021, 07:25 PM
I have a 'big potty' that is very solid and more like a chair.

We start off on that and move to the toilet as soon as they feel comfortable to do so. I don't have a toddler toilet seat as i found the older children tried using it !
I was just about to put my potty away, and a mindee i wasn't expecting to start yet, has started toilet training, so out it stays!

I have a little potty that lives in the car for when we are out and about and a toilet may not always be immediately available.

Dragonfly
08-09-2021, 07:00 AM
Yes, no wrongs or rights whatever works for the childminder and most importantly the child.