PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kit refill

Ellisha
02-09-2021, 12:39 PM
All my first aid kit is out of date (not currently looking after any children), and I need new stuff. Do you buy your first aid stuff from anywhere in particular? PACEY have a refill pack for £12.75 which seems cheaper than buying everything individually.

Pixie dust
02-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Oh I didn't know that about Pacey as I have just replaced some of my kit and it cost about £10 for the bits individually from Amazon.

Mouse
02-09-2021, 01:33 PM
I bought individual bits from Amazon.

I’ve always found the ready made kits and refills aren’t very good quality. I needed to use a triangular bandage once and it was rubbish - way too small and very thin. I bought the proper calico ones instead and they’re so much better. Plus, because they’re washable, they’ll be better for the children to play with once they’re out of date :laughing:

Dragonfly
02-09-2021, 02:46 PM
I just go to a chemist!

Maza
02-09-2021, 06:49 PM
Checking my current contents is on my list of jobs to do. :rolleyes:

loocyloo
02-09-2021, 09:03 PM
I found Morrisons very good for refills!

Ellisha
03-09-2021, 08:04 AM
Thanks all. I normally buy replacement bits here and there, but all of it was completely out of date. I looked at buying individual bits on Amazon but it added up. I have ordered from PACEY but will buy some individual bits for my going out first aid kit.

Maza
03-09-2021, 08:43 AM
I need to replace everything too. I wonder if there is a way we can check the expiry dates of whole kits before we buy - you know, like we do with food? Surely, some kits, even in the same shop, expire before others of the same price if they have been sitting around for a while.

Ellisha
08-09-2021, 02:52 PM
The first aid refill came yesterday from PACEY. All the stuff had an expiry date in 2026 which I thought was reasonable. I popped some of the stuff into a small travel first aid kit to take out with me.