PDA

View Full Version : Observations

mumofone
23-08-2021, 04:39 PM
What system do you use to make your observations? Will you be continuing with it in September?

loocyloo
23-08-2021, 05:03 PM
I use 'evidence me' wth 2simple, and yes i will be carrying on using it.

I mainly use it to send photos to parents with an occasional comment, and i've never been that bothered about fitting a stage of development or a next step to them!

Pixie dust
23-08-2021, 05:26 PM
I am a Tapestry user and will continue with that for now and see how it goes.

Dragonfly
23-08-2021, 05:49 PM
I put it in their learning journey the old fashion way, pen and paper. Will continue but scale it down.

Maza
23-08-2021, 06:47 PM
I use pen and paper too. No photos (but do whatsapp some to parents, but not in a learning journey type of way).

At the end of each month, I just jot down 2-4 (ish) sentences for each area of learning for each child. It helps me plan for the next month. I'll carry on for now. It would be easier if I had full time children instead of several part time - but I think most of us are in the same boat.

Pixie dust
23-08-2021, 07:01 PM
We don't have to have any observations/tracking/learning journeys but I find it useful to keep check on their development, when I had last inspection the inspector wasn't interested in learning journeys etc we need to be confident about knowing where each of the children are in their development and for me writing things down helps.

Dragonfly
24-08-2021, 05:41 AM
No we don’t have to have learning journeys but the parents like them and my inspector did, though as you said you have to know where your children’s development is at.For me to I like it written down too.

loocyloo
24-08-2021, 07:14 AM
despite having LJs etc, for my last inspection i had 'prompt' sheet for each child with a few sentences on where they were developmentally, what my plans were, and what they liked doing! ... only because i knew my brain would stop working! :laughing:

Dragonfly
24-08-2021, 04:13 PM
That’s a brilliant idea loocyloo .

mumofone
27-08-2021, 03:41 PM
I am a Tapestry user and will continue with that for now and see how it goes.

I use Tapestry too Pixie, is it staying as it is. Parents like it I think so I will keep it as it seems to keep them happy!