PDA

View Full Version : Safer fiood better business

Maza
22-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Is 'Safer Food Better Business' still the main 'go to' for advice/guidelines re food prep?

Does anyone fill in the diaries or action sheets in there?

Pixie dust
22-08-2021, 08:30 PM
I still fill in the review section every 3 months I think it is, I have it written in my diary when it's due. I had a rather rude environmental health inspector do my inspection a few years back now and she asked to see it so I make sure it's completed for what it worth. They are due to visit again soon but I guess with Covid hopefully thats all on hold. I was in tears after she left as she picked holes about everything in my kitchen and told me that I couldn't put my childminding waste in the household bin and that I would have to pay for a waste company and a separate bin! I still use my normal household bin as no other childminders in my area have been told this. :angry:

Maza
22-08-2021, 08:51 PM
That's ridiculous Pixie dust, how rude.

loocyloo
23-08-2021, 07:17 AM
i created my own version ( simpler and more relevant ) of the form and i fill it in at the start of each term ... but i am thinking i might stop, as it is all common sense anyway!

Mouse
23-08-2021, 07:51 AM
I found my Safer Food Better Business folder while I was sorting out paperwork yesterday. I don't fill it in, although I do read it through now and again as a reminder. Environmental Health are doing their rounds here at the moment so I'll give it another read through.

Dragonfly
23-08-2021, 03:25 PM
I stopped as I felt I was doing for nobody else. Nobody looked at it. Got 5 star when council food department came out.just more paper work.