PDA

View Full Version : What policies and permissions do you have?

Mouse
22-08-2021, 11:38 AM
I know this has been asked lots of times before, but what policies and permissions do you have?

I know for policies we only need safeguarding and complaints (at least I think that's what we need!) but I do like to have a few more such as fees and sickness.

Are there any policies you refer to regularly and are there any that you're really glad you've got because they've got you out of a tricky situation or backed up what you're telling a parent?

What are the permissions we have to have? I know I used to have a whole list of them but I'm sure they're not all really necessary.

I'm trying to streamline my paperwork ready for the start of term and want to get rid of anything that isn't compulsory or useful.

Maza
22-08-2021, 11:59 AM
Medication Policy - can't remember if it needs to be written down, but mine is and it's one of the ones I send out to parents when they begin, along with safeguarding and complaints.

I've just redone my sickness/infectious diseases policy and will be sending that out either tonight or tomorrow.

Uncollected child

As far as I can tell, there are only three permissions that we need - working with assistants...oh gosh, I can't remember the other two!

The mobile phone/cameras bit is included in my safeguarding policy now, not as a separate policy anymore.

We have to have an emergency evacuation procedure - again, not sure if it has to be written, but mine is.

I've probably missed stuff.

loocyloo
22-08-2021, 12:05 PM
I know this has been asked lots of times before, but what policies and permissions do you have?

I know for policies we only need safeguarding and complaints (at least I think that's what we need!) but I do like to have a few more such as fees and sickness.

Are there any policies you refer to regularly and are there any that you're really glad you've got because they've got you out of a tricky situation or backed up what you're telling a parent?

What are the permissions we have to have? I know I used to have a whole list of them but I'm sure they're not all really necessary.

I'm trying to streamline my paperwork ready for the start of term and want to get rid of anything that isn't compulsory or useful.

I had to create a 'toilet training' policy for one mum, as she was insistent on her child coming in pants and thinking it was fine for them to just dribble all day long, and not to send spare clothes, or even pants, let alone nappies!

I have a policies for .....

Accident & emergency
Administration of medicines
Admissions
Arrival & collection
Behaviour management
Complaints
Data Protection
Equal opportunities (Inclusion)
Fees & conditions
Food & drink
Forest School
Health & safety
House Rules
Ill child
Lost or missing child
Nappy & toilet training
No smoking
Pets Policy
Privacy and Confidentiality
Risk Assessment
Safeguarding children
Special educational needs/additional needs policy
Visitors
Working with parents

and at the moment
Coronavirus Policy including an Illness & Infection Policy

i always tell parents that i know it seems a lot, but to me it is the nuts and bolts of what i do/how i do it, and this way, they can't say i haven't told them! I usually give them a printed copy, or i email it to them depending on their preference. I also ask them to sign a form to say they have seen and READ them !!!!

and as for permissions ...
traveling in my car/public transport, ( I also have permission for individual children as it occurs, to travel in the front of my car in a suitable car seat to ease/help with car sickness )
to administer first aid/prescribed medicines/to administer infant paracetamol etc with permission sought at point of need/seek medical assistance.,
to take photos for use in LJs/observations, to use on facebook/advertising ( with no faces/identifying features ) and to use in annual setting photo books.
make observations/carry out 2 yr check. ( once had a parent say they didn't want me to! ... i said i had no choice, it was law if they attended my setting! )
share pertinent information with relevant professionals
apply sun cream
use face paints
use outdoor play equipment!

again, it seems like a lot, but as i say to parents, i'd rather have permission and not need it, than need it, and not have it!

Pixie dust
22-08-2021, 05:04 PM
That's a very comprehensive policy list loocyloo. I think that's what most of mine cover too but to be honest I haven't really had to refer parents back to them apart from the odd reminder regarding sickness. I have the same permissions too apart from face paint but thats something I never have done with the children. I don't use children's faces on social media either :)

loocyloo
22-08-2021, 05:42 PM
That's a very comprehensive policy list loocyloo. I think that's what most of mine cover too but to be honest I haven't really had to refer parents back to them apart from the odd reminder regarding sickness. I have the same permissions too apart from face paint but thats something I never have done with the children. I don't use children's faces on social media either :)

:D i only have it as a list, as i ask parents to sign a seperate sheet with them listed on!

Mouse
22-08-2021, 07:50 PM
( once had a parent say they didn't want me to! ... i said i had no choice, it was law if they attended my setting! )

I was told that's why you shouldn't have permissions for things that are compulsory - parents don't have a choice so there's no point in asking for their permission!

I think your policies list is very similar to the ones I used to have, although I have condensed them a bit.