PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping anyone???

Maza
21-08-2021, 03:06 PM
Sooo, have any of you started Christmas shopping yet?

I had bought DD some leggings a few weeks ago, but I ended up giving them to her last week before we went on holiday, as she was really short of clothes.

So, I'm back to square one and haven't started yet. I usually start buying odd bits from September after the summer holidays - it makes me so happy, lol.

Mouse, I bet you've finished already...

loocyloo
21-08-2021, 05:27 PM
Haha !

I haven't even given it a thought! Although DD did mention a hideously expensive pair of dance shoes she wants this afternoon!

I'm trying to think of a little present for my minded lot. I usually get them a book and something else. Last year it was a little handmade soap! But I really struggled to get books I liked, and I'm thinking about getting something different! but easy! ( And not that expensive, as I have about 13-15 to buy for! ) what has anyone else bought mindees in the past?

Mouse
21-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Mouse, I bet you've finished already...

:laughing::laughing:

Ask me again at the beginning of December and I'll probably still just be thinking about getting started on it!

In fairness, we've just finished a long run of birthdays and it's lovely not to have to buy cards and presents every time I go out.

Mouse
21-08-2021, 06:17 PM
I'm trying to think of a little present for my minded lot. I usually get them a book and something else. Last year it was a little handmade soap! But I really struggled to get books I liked, and I'm thinking about getting something different! but easy! ( And not that expensive, as I have about 13-15 to buy for! ) what has anyone else bought mindees in the past?

OMG...that reminds me...I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT SOME PRESENTS!!!

A while back in TKMaxx I got some book sets that were on offer. They're a small book with a torch that makes sounds. I haven't really looked closely at them so don't know exactly what they are but they look cute!

Last year I gave the children a book and a hot chocolate kit similar to this:

Dinosaur hot chocolate kit Dinosaur Hot Chocolate | Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/552622940/dinosaur-hot-chocolate-kit-dinosaur-hot?ref=internal_similar_listing_bot-1)

I did buy them as I didn't have many to buy. This year I might try making hot chocolate cones myself.

Pixie dust
22-08-2021, 08:18 AM
Love this as yesterday I actually I had an email advertising a summer sale and I said to myself that some of the things would be ideal for Christmas and am going to order some bits today! My eldest is in the process of buying his first house so they will want house stuff this year but thought I might make them a little goody bag of treats too!
For the mindees I normally get books and as I have new little ones it should be fine, I did find last year a bit tricky as my 3 x 4 year olds seem to have so many books it was hard to find something a little different I ended up getting a pack from The Works but some of the stories were a little strange :laughing:

loocyloo
22-08-2021, 11:51 AM
I ended up getting a pack from The Works but some of the stories were a little strange :laughing:

exactly !!!!!

being cheeky ... who has a sale with possible christmas gifts? i really do need to start thinking about it!:laughing:

Pixie dust
22-08-2021, 04:54 PM
exactly !!!!!

being cheeky ... who has a sale with possible christmas gifts? i really do need to start thinking about it!:laughing:

The one I was looking at wasn't that great after all ! We have family members that love nice stationary and note books etc but the so called sale wasn't really a sale.

loocyloo
22-08-2021, 05:43 PM
The one I was looking at wasn't that great after all ! We have family members that love nice stationary and note books etc but the so called sale wasn't really a sale.

That's a shame.

SYLVIA
23-08-2021, 08:23 PM
I checked what bits I had left over from last xmas and I actually have enough for all the mindees presents and 3 birthday gifts that are coming up before xmas. All bought in the works last year. Very pleased with myself and well ahead than I usually am