PDA

View Full Version : Tax free childcare account

mumofone
27-07-2021, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know what we need to provide parents with if they want to pay us this way?

Maza
27-07-2021, 07:35 PM
Is that the one where the government top it up with 20%?

mumofone
27-07-2021, 07:44 PM
I think so Maza...

Maza
27-07-2021, 07:53 PM
In that case, it's fairly straight forward for us (tad more work for the parents).

Have you registered your setting on the website? That's the first thing you need to do - you should find a phone number on the website (quick google) and give them a call - they go over everything with you on the phone.

Once it is set up, I think we only need to provide parents with our EY number. They don't need your bank details.

mumofone
27-07-2021, 08:27 PM
In that case, it's fairly straight forward for us (tad more work for the parents).

Have you registered your setting on the website? That's the first thing you need to do - you should find a phone number on the website (quick google) and give them a call - they go over everything with you on the phone.

Once it is set up, I think we only need to provide parents with our EY number. They don't need your bank details.

Ah thanks Maza, they say they can't find me using my OFSTED number arghhh!

Maza
27-07-2021, 10:17 PM
This comes up SO often. Every other week there is a post on FB about it.

They have to do it in a particular way regarding spaces/no spaces/capital letters etc.

If you search on here, I posted about this just a few months ago - I typed up the correct combo/order so that I would always be able to refer to it whenever I had a new parent start. I don't know how to put up links, otherwise I would to make it easier for you.

Dragonfly
28-07-2021, 05:04 AM
Yes, parents put your URN in leave a space then postcode all capitals

moggy
30-07-2021, 04:13 PM
it's got to be exactly this:
EY123456 AB123CD

So a gap between EY number and postcode, but no gap within the postcode!!

Maza
30-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Yes, same as dragonfly and Moggy.