PDA

View Full Version : telling parents/covid testing

Maza
20-07-2021, 08:15 AM
Do you tell parents if another child is waiting for results from a covid test?

One of mine had a test yesterday (developed cough and cold over the weekend) and will hopefully get his results today. He was here on Friday with another mindee. Neither of them have been back here yet - they are due tomorrow.

Pixie dust
20-07-2021, 11:49 AM
Hopefully they will hear back today as they are normally pretty quick. I haven't been in this situation yet so not too sure what I would do so not much help really! I think I might send a polite message just to say that a child is awaiting a PCR test just so that are prepared if you have to isolate etc.

Maza
20-07-2021, 12:14 PM
Thanks Pixie. It's negative, thank goodness.

It's such a tricky one isn't it? I guess it can be done without naming the child, so no confidentiality issues.

moggy
20-07-2021, 12:45 PM
No. I have been in this situation several times and I have always waited until result comes - they have all been negative (toddlers). I think it would just panic people to say someone is being tested, and there is nothing much they can do. It is rare for a little one to have a positive result, we've had 6 or 7 PCR tests done over the last 18 months, all negative (all had cough/cold symptoms).

Maza
20-07-2021, 12:49 PM
Moggy, I agree that I don't want to panic people. The other thing is, my lot might start saying "Oh, he must have caught the cough from x at your house", so I don't really like letting them know when and how others are ill.

Mouse
20-07-2021, 01:08 PM
I’ve only had 2 needing PCR tests and both were negative. I didn’t tell the other parents the children were being tested.