PDA

View Full Version : Pushchairs - handles or bars?

Maza
14-07-2021, 06:17 PM
When it comes to double pushchairs - do you prefer handles or a bar?

My single has a bar and I love it, but think I'm going to have to start using my double soon and it has handles (Maclaren). Is it possible to push a double with handles using just one hand so that I can hold another toddler's hand?

loocyloo
14-07-2021, 07:11 PM
I find a single with handles OK to push one handed, but my double McClaren is a heavy beast, and almost impossible to push one handed.
I have 'magic straps which is attached to the handle, for the child to hold the end of ( they are lengths of webbing, like a dog lead, with a handle for child to hold ) If I need a child on reins as well, then I can usually manage to hold reins whilst I push handles and they hold the magic strap. Having the strap means the child can walk a little further 'out' and doesn't get caught on the wheels or under my feet!

I much prefer my 3 wheelers with their bar! But I use magic straps on every buggy!

Mouse
14-07-2021, 08:24 PM
I much prefer a bar on a double.

I've currently got a Joie Aire Twin and it's really easy to push one handed. I don't need to use a double very often so couldn't justify the cost of an expensive one. This one is perfect for the places I use it (mainly in built up areas), but I don't know how well it would stand up to off-road pushing.

Pixie dust
14-07-2021, 08:30 PM
I much prefer a bar on a double.

I've currently got a Joie Aire Twin and it's really easy to push one handed. I don't need to use a double very often so couldn't justify the cost of an expensive one. This one is perfect for the places I use it (mainly in built up areas), but I don't know how well it would stand up to off-road pushing.

I have this one too and I haven't used it for a while but it will be back out in September when my new babies start.

Maza
14-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Oooh, the aire twin looks interesting. Do you have the side by side or tandem? We have some very narrow pavements around here and I am a bit unsure if my side by side will be appropriate.

Pixie dust I'm looking forward to your babies starting.

Pixie dust
15-07-2021, 10:40 AM
Oooh, the aire twin looks interesting. Do you have the side by side or tandem? We have some very narrow pavements around here and I am a bit unsure if my side by side will be appropriate.

Pixie dust I'm looking forward to your babies starting.

I'm not :laughing::laughing::laughing: I think I am going to be exhausted, I have 3/4 year olds at the moment!