PDA

View Full Version : Soft plays

mumofone
03-07-2021, 02:23 PM
Have you been going since things started to open up? Do you intend on going? Parents love me going but i'd happily never set foot in one again!

Maza
03-07-2021, 06:13 PM
I've never taken mindees to soft play. I'm glad that they are going with their parents though because they are a great age to benefit from it. I just panic when they all run off in different directions and I can't keep track of them all.

I was looking forward to attending some groups again soon, but they are all so expensive in my new area. I'm scared of being contacted by track and trace if I do go.

loocyloo
03-07-2021, 06:27 PM
I haven't done soft play for long time!

I'm not keen, but the children like them. I prefer to take the 3/4 yr olds who can play without me!

Pixie dust
04-07-2021, 07:49 AM
I am not a fan of soft play areas either and parents have never mentioned taking the children there.

I was looking forward to attending some groups again soon, but they are all so expensive in my new area. I'm scared of being contacted by track and trace if I do go. I feel like that too !

Maza
04-07-2021, 08:01 AM
Mumofone you could always blame track and trace if the parents are wanting you to go back. Explain that if you get contacted by track and trace you will have to close so that you can isolate and they will have to take time off to isolate with their children (think that's how it works?).

mumofone
06-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Mumofone you could always blame track and trace if the parents are wanting you to go back. Explain that if you get contacted by track and trace you will have to close so that you can isolate and they will have to take time off to isolate with their children (think that's how it works?).

Good thought Maza! I'd not thought of track and trace! THat would be awful!

Mouse
06-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Soft plays first became popular when my own children were little. I hated them then and haven't changed my mind over the years :laughing:

I know the parents take their children to soft plays at the weekend, so I don't feel the need to take them during the week. A couple of years ago I had a child who didn't ever go places like that so I did make an effort to take her. I didn't enjoy it at all, but I thought it was good for her to go so I went.

loocyloo
06-07-2021, 01:10 PM
i find them useful on a cold/miserable day, when i have some older children who need to burn off some energy !!!! We have a small, quietish one about 30 mins drive away, so that is where i go, BUT, i haven't been for a couple of years !!!

Dragonfly
12-07-2021, 12:40 PM
Not a real fan of soft play centres but then we’re all thankfully different.