PDA

View Full Version : Milk Allowance

Maza
24-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Can we still claim for free milk?

Do any of you do it? Have any of you chosen not to do it?

What are the pros and cons please? x

loocyloo
25-06-2021, 07:02 AM
Sorry,

I don't use it/offer it. We don't use enough milk to make it worth doing. ( at least, when i looked into it years ago! )

but it looks simple enough!

The Nursery Milk Scheme (https://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/about-nursery-milk-scheme)

Pixie dust
25-06-2021, 07:10 AM
I used to but don't bother anymore as it wasn't worth it, I think it's a third of a pint a day per child.

May be I should think about it again....we used to get milk delivered and the scheme disagreed about the cost of the milk as I used to get the little cartons for the children which they loved!

Mouse
25-06-2021, 08:29 AM
I do.

I buy my own milk and claim it back through the nursery milk scheme. I usually have 3 children a day, so it’s a pint of milk a day. I buy individual pint cartons to keep it separate from the family milk.

Once it’s set up, it’s easy to do a claim online. Once a month I add attendance, add purchases and upload receipts. I usually get back about £8-£10 a month. It might not seem a lot, but that’s £100 a year I can spend on something else!

moggy
26-06-2021, 03:35 PM
I found it too much bother for the money. I don't offer milk as a drink anyway (water only and all are happy with that).