PDA

View Full Version : Nappy Cream

Maza
13-06-2021, 07:39 PM
If a parent wants you to put barrier cream on at each nappy change - do I need to get them to sign each day? Surely not...

I have asked them to fill out a medication form specifically for that cream and they have signed that form, so surely that is enough...

Also, how would you apply bum cream? Would you use a cotton wool ball?

Mouse
13-06-2021, 08:08 PM
I have a permission form to apply nappy cream, but I don't usually get it signed daily. I don't consider barrier cream a medication so don't particularly follow my medication policy. It's the same as my sun cream permission form. I don't get that signed for each time I apply it. However, there have been occasions when I've needed to use a prescribed cream when a child has a particularly sore bottom, so I do get that signed each time I use it.

How you apply the cream is up to you. For a barrier cream (ie. to prevent a sore bottom) I use my finger (I usually have a glove on), but if it's a cream to treat a sore bottom I use cotton wool as I think it's more gentle on broken skin.

Maza
13-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Thanks Mouse, that makes a lot of sense.

Dragonfly
15-06-2021, 12:28 PM
From the beginning I have a form they sign to apply suncream, nappy cream ( sudocreme, bepanthan, And Vaseline) etc so I don’t need permission every time or to get anything signed again.